Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #3785
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase89
I've only done it by manually guiding the rockets. I've never had much success with tracers, but then again I forget they are there.

I don't even know if a tracer dart has any effect on the guided launcher.
It doesn't only the RPG and the Carl. I hate the guided launcher can't hit anything with it. Choppers are pretty easy to hit without the tracer, but if you do both you get extra points.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #3786
One Pride

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It doesn't only the RPG and the Carl. I hate the guided launcher can't hit anything with it. Choppers are pretty easy to hit without the tracer, but if you do both you get extra points.
Yeah, the Carl and RPG are much better than the guided one imo. I hate home you're somewhat of a sitting duck with the guided one because movement can throw off the rocket pretty badly.

I finally remembered what moment can make you feel the worst in this game. When you get to the last M-Com, finally get the position under your teams control, but then you run out of tickets seconds before it explodes.
*sigh*
Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #3787
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll start by saying that I'm almost completely burnt out on CoD. I gave up on Black Ops after the first 2 weeks it was out and this was after playing MW2 all year long. I have played this game before and I did like it, but for some reason it just never held my interest.

Anyways, I borrowed it off a buddy on Sunday night and have played it every day since. I think I'm in love now.

I already knew this going in, but I feel I have to mention how much of a breath of fresh air this game is compared to CoD. The teamwork, the destruction, the vehicles, the entire game is just awesome and so much better.

I should also mention that today was probably the first day I think I really "got it" with this game. I had my best games ever and I'm not even talking about K/D ratio which is basically irrelevant in this game. I've been rolling with the medic class and it's just so much fun once you finally unlock the necessary equipment like the defibrillator and med kits. I love reviving guys with the defib or running through the battlefield as explosions and gunshots are going off right by you so you can go heal a teammate.

The one and only negative I've experienced so far this week is when you're on a team of douchebags that want to take choppers and camp over the enemy base, basically spawn killing the entire match. That wasn't fun at all and killed all the fun, but so far that's only been a one time experience for me.

Also, the funny thing is I haven't even played the Vietnam DLC yet. I thought it was free for people with the VIP code, but I guess it isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Using your 40mm launcher to put a hole in the side of a building for quick entry is such an amazing feeling. Absolute love.
Definitely.

I did something similar to this in a Rush match, except it was using a tank. We just needed to take out one more spot to win, but the other team was holding things down pretty well. I hopped in a tank, drove up and blew a massive hole through the outer wall blocking the building and then blew another hole through the back wall of the building for my entire team to run through. Right after I did that we ended up winning.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #3788
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
Communication and teamwork are huge pluses. IMO, if you can get into a squad with friends or people that communicate you'll be in much better shape and have a much better Battlefield experience overall.

Very good tips RJ. The part I bolded made me think of this vid. For some strange reason this never gets old to me, lol.

[Awesome Video Code Deleted]
Thanks for this! I enjoyed that video thoroughly and it actually taught me something (pressing the select button when an enemy is in your sights) that I didn't know. Capping on the CoD players all video long was funny as well!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #3789
Jack Stan

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

[quote=BlueNGold;2042067277]
Also, the funny thing is I haven't even played the Vietnam DLC yet. I thought it was free for people with the VIP code, but I guess it isn't?

Nope, still have to purchase it. While for now I'm back playing the regular game, Vietnam is definitely a breath of fresh air every now and then. Plus, the points you gain in Vietnam go towards unlocking things in the full version.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #3790
MVP

OVR: 11

Tried to get on yesterday afternoon (PS3) but couldn't find a single match. Tried every game mode and every map but got nothing. I bought the game used so I don't have the VIP maps, maybe that could be why?

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 01-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #3791
Jack Stan

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw
Tried to get on yesterday afternoon (PS3) but couldn't find a single match. Tried every game mode and every map but got nothing. I bought the game used so I don't have the VIP maps, maybe that could be why?
When I first got it for 360, I couldn't find a match either, which I thought was odd. I do think it was after I used my VIP code to unlock things that the issue disappeared, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #3792
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Chainsaw, this has happened to me too. to fix it, go back to the dashboard and sign out. Sign in again and it should work. it did for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »