Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #3857
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Yeah I got that from their twitter feed.

FYI I think they're doing some hard core server maintenance. Would be awesome to get another map or two before BF3 although I'm not counting on it.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #3858
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

I picked this up again yesterday morning and played it all night. Jeez, I had forgotten how NIGHT and DAY this game is from CoD. Completely different things, which is awesome IMO. I was getting tired of CoD's "claustrophobic" feeling. Any way...

Quick question. When playing on Rush mode on "Attack", what is the etiquette for arming MCOMM stations? I am an objective driven gamer, so I go straight for the station to arm it. I have found people on my team don't like this and prefer the stations go unarmed so they can rack up kills. Apparently, there is some magic number that tickets need to reach before people start actually playing the game (which I think is lame). How do you guys play?
Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #3859
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I picked this up again yesterday morning and played it all night. Jeez, I had forgotten how NIGHT and DAY this game is from CoD. Completely different things, which is awesome IMO. I was getting tired of CoD's "claustrophobic" feeling. Any way...

Quick question. When playing on Rush mode on "Attack", what is the etiquette for arming MCOMM stations? I am an objective driven gamer, so I go straight for the station to arm it. I have found people on my team don't like this and prefer the stations go unarmed so they can rack up kills. Apparently, there is some magic number that tickets need to reach before people start actually playing the game (which I think is lame). How do you guys play?
I go 'straigtht' for them objectives, in a tactical way...try to get someone off my squad down there to help cover tho....if i'm alone...i usually smoke it it up before i arm....but I'm trying to win quickly, i get more points for arming and defending the objective than just killing. if they want kills, they can go play squad deathmatch......these players are the reason objective based mutliplayer cant grow and is becoming stale across shooters....they are TDM/kill only players.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #3860
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:

Let 'em get pissed. Rush is all about arming objectives period. Some people just like to vehicle whore though. If attackers would actually attack they'd win much more than they currently do.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #3861
MVP

OVR: 20

Have any of you guys played the Vietnam DLC? I was thinking of possibly purchasing it. Read some reviews, that said it was a pretty good DLC for the price.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #3862
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Have any of you guys played the Vietnam DLC? I was thinking of possibly purchasing it. Read some reviews, that said it was a pretty good DLC for the price.
It`s definitely worth getting. It`s like playing a whole new game.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #3863
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

There are issues with defenders as well. Just like players don't want to arm and instead just want kills, people don't want to run and disarm because they're afraid they'll be killed. It's all about k/d to some people, which is ridiculous when playing as a defender on Rush.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #3864
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
There are issues with defenders as well. Just like players don't want to arm and instead just want kills, people don't want to run and disarm because they're afraid they'll be killed. It's all about k/d to some people, which is ridiculous when playing as a defender on Rush.
I truly believe they should give players more than 50 points for the disarm and arm. Yeah you get 250 if the obj is destroyed but only 50 for attempting. And the disarm, they need to give these k/d whores more incentive to disarm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »