Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #385
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
The demo is all MP from what I have heard.
alright, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #386
MVP

OVR: 13

When does the demo come out for 360?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #387
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Battlefield: Bad Company 2's New Multiplayer Mode

Quote:
The mode, as I said, is called Squad Deathmatch and it plays as simply as it sounds. You and your squad have to be the first to get 50 kills (kill limits can be changed in the settings) by eradicating the opposition which consists of three other teams of four players (at its max). Aiding you -- or perhaps the other teams if they capitalize first -- is a vehicle specifically designed to eradicate soldiers on foot. It's the sole vehicle in this mode so capturing it is of the utmost importance. The maps that you'll find in Squad Deathmatch are specifically tailored to the mode, with certain areas designed to provide a strategic advantage to the vehicle while the opposite is true elsewhere. It's also cool that, depending on what multiplayer mode you select, you could get an entirely different portion of the map than you would in another game type. A map's total area can be up to 64 square kilometers and every piece will surely be used by one mode or another.

The map we were playing on, known as Laguna Presa, is home to gobs of lush greenery that seemed to pop off the screen a bit more than any of the colors in the first Bad Company. There are large shipping crates situated around the level that act as protective cover from the marauding tank that chops down soldiers. Laguna Presa also changes elevations quite often -- with both high ground and low ground -- and includes plenty of shrubbery which makes for an easy hiding place for snipers. Unlike other games, the camouflage in Bad Company 2 actually works pretty damn well.

The second map was a familiar location, at least in name. The Bad Company 2 version of the Panama Canal is essentially a boat graveyard with broken down ships that act as bridges to different parts of the level. There are dilapidated buildings for players to take brief refuge until an enemy destroys the wall they're hiding behind.
Quote:
One aspect of Bad Company 2 that I wanted to touch on was the perk system. We haven't talked much about it, but it's a cool addition that follows in a similar fashion to what's seen in Call of Duty. You have three basic categories for perks that will gradually unlock as you level up your character through any of the four multiplayer modes. There are perks that will affect vehicles, your weapon and your armor. You'll see things like adding a red dot sight to your weapon, increasing your accuracy, adding armor to vehicles, and lots of other abilities. There are also new weapons and armor that will become available as you progress through the ranks. And if that wasn't enough to keep you playing Bad Company 2, there will be at least 16 new multiplayer maps when the game ships on March 2, so get ready.

If all of these fancy perks and abilities aren't to your liking -- perhaps you think it makes the game too easy -- DICE is adding a hardcore mode to increase the realism. Here there will be no kill cam after deaths, no HUD to speak of, and the amount of damage you can take will be decreased dramatically.

Last edited by Flawless; 12-18-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #388
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

This game is better than the first one in every way, and that is saying a lot since I really liked it. It really feels like you are on a battlefield. The first game had a satirical overtone to it, this one seems to be of a more serious tone. Once the controls are smoothed out a little bit, this is a potential game of the year for 2010. I may go pre-order this already.

EDIT: That game mode looks great! 4 squads competing against each other? Sick.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 12-18-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #389
PRO

FinsUp75's Arena

OVR: 5

You all, like usual these days , have piqued my interest in this series. Do you think it's worth it to pick up the first one? I've not played it and wondered if PS3 online still has an active community?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #390
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
One aspect of Bad Company 2 that I wanted to touch on was the perk system. We haven't talked much about it, but it's a cool addition that follows in a similar fashion to what's seen in Call of Duty. You have three basic categories for perks that will gradually unlock as you level up your character through any of the four multiplayer modes. There are perks that will affect vehicles, your weapon and your armor. You'll see things like adding a red dot sight to your weapon, increasing your accuracy, adding armor to vehicles, and lots of other abilities. There are also new weapons and armor that will become available as you progress through the ranks. And if that wasn't enough to keep you playing Bad Company 2, there will be at least 16 new multiplayer maps when the game ships on March 2, so get ready.

If all of these fancy perks and abilities aren't to your liking -- perhaps you think it makes the game too easy -- DICE is adding a hardcore mode to increase the realism. Here there will be no kill cam after deaths, no HUD to speak of, and the amount of damage you can take will be decreased dramatically.
Hardcore all day for me. When I see a perk is increased accuracy, I'll pass.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #391
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Those maps look amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #392
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Smile Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...e-request.html
  • Another issue is that the tanks are overpowered in the beta and is too easy to repair with the powertool, making this move very easy at the moment. This tank issue is fixed by our vehicle team.
  • Town base beeing surpassed too fast by tanks collapsing houses from a distance is fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »