Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #3929
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

I actually liked some of the perks of recon more. The mortar strikes seemed more realistic and were more balanced and the motion grenades were a nice alternative to the T-UGS in BF3, which is impossible to get away from or fool.

They are both really good games, but weapon physics and gameplay gave it more of an old school Battlefield feel, which is something BF3 has always missed.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #3930
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't get back into this game from BF3 for the mere fact that I cannot strafe (switch directions) while sprinting.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #3931
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I actually liked some of the perks of recon more. The mortar strikes seemed more realistic and were more balanced and the motion grenades were a nice alternative to the T-UGS in BF3, which is impossible to get away from or fool.

They are both really good games, but weapon physics and gameplay gave it more of an old school Battlefield feel, which is something BF3 has always missed.
I prefer the feel of BFBC2 because it was made with consoles in mind where BF3 was made for the pc. I would have much preferred if they just kept on with the bad company series for consoles. Also the tanks feel more balanced as you can deal with them better where in bf3 they are to powerful. Destruction as well is just alot better in BC2 and more fun to do. BFBC2 has what BF3 doesn't have which is the fun factor. Plus I had more fun with the Vietnam expansion than any of the BF3 expansions. Keep BF3 for the pc people and bring back the console fun Bad Company series. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #3932
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase

LOVE those motion sensors! And who can forget the ghillie suits you get with recon, lol.

And I agree Caniac, the opposition's tanks seem a lot more manageable in BC2. They do seem a bit overpowered in BF3 (unless I'm in one of course ). Vietnam to me is a blast to play. No reliance on a tracer either since you can down a heli with a LMG

It still amazes me with the detail they put into that expansion. The vehicles, the music, the sepia hue, the helis, the character models down to the details on the weapons themselves.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #3933
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I do love both games, but I agree there's something about BC2 that makes it more endearing. BF3 seems almost a little too shiny and surgical. What I don't like about BF3 is it's way too vehicle centric. I've had great times with both games and played with some really cool guys on here for both games and had a lot of laughs. Slight edge to BC2 for me.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #3934
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Damn you guys. I bought BF3 and now I want to go back to BC2 lol.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #3935
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I was thinking of picking up a used copy as I've seen it on for $9.95. Was wonderng is there many people still playing online for the PS3's core game as well as the vietnam expansion. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #3936
MVP

BattleBornLV's Arena

OVR: 7
I was thinking of picking this up for PS3 myself to try it out. I seen it at gamestop for $7 used.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »