Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #553
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

The sound in this game are second to none when it comes to shooters. The surround is just incredible and when you see walls being destoyed around you by oncoming tanks, and helicopters flying over you, that holy **** moment occurs. This feels like a real ground war...

Its easier to win on the defend side of gameplay. I have yet to win being on the assault side. The matches are long lol I hope another mode opens up in the demo the longer you play.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #554
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I never played the first one, but I am looking forward to download this when I get home. You guys have my very interested in this.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #555
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Well,after playing a few matches,I'm not that impressed....and I absolutely loved BF:BC.
The overall feel to the game reminds me of the COD series,and imo,that's what separated the 2 games,and why I enjoyed the first BF.

I couldn't believe the amount of snipers,and the camping. When are people going to realize that the BF series is more about your score,and not your k/d ratio?
If you took the maps from COD,and put them in this game,you'd be hard pressed to tell any MAJOR differences,except for the destruction,put that in COD,and you have damn near identical games.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #556
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Well,after playing a few matches,I'm not that impressed....and I absolutely loved BF:BC.
The overall feel to the game reminds me of the COD series,and imo,that's what separated the 2 games,and why I enjoyed the first BF.

I couldn't believe the amount of snipers,and the camping. When are people going to realize that the BF series is more about your score,and not your k/d ratio?
If you took the maps from COD,and put them in this game,you'd be hard pressed to tell any MAJOR differences,except for the destruction,put that in COD,and you have damn near identical games.
Sure, if BC2 had stupid perks and killstreaks.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #557
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I was very impressed. More so with the destruction and audio than anything. My family room sounded like WW3 with the surround sound cranked up. The game is standard FPS to me, but everything else about it makes it pure gold.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #558
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

I don't see how the two games are remotely similar. The problem has more to do with the people playing, which was the case in the early going of the PS3 beta. People running around with no clue how to play battlefield and just trying to rack up kills. These people eventually left and the experience became much better.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #559
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Are you sure we played the same game?

Couldn't disagree more with your assessment. Game is everything I want it to be...it's not COD, and it's far from it. Camping? Really? When are people going to sctop whining about this? It's been in every shooter since the dawn of man. That's why there are sniper rifles.

If you took the COD maps and added them to this, they would still be completely different in terms of mechanics. Plus, from what I've seen from other maps not in this demo, I know the maps will all be great.

I was very impressed, and can't wait for release. It will definitely take me away from COD. Although, MAG already did that.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #560
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

If you guys are having issues with people camping and not playing as a team, just give it a few weeks. Most of them will disappear. This happened in the first game and as well as BC2 beta. The experience is so much better when you have a group of friends playing in a party. I would love to play with my friends from previous battlefield games going back to BF2 on PC. They all have PS3 also and I played the first one with them, but they made new names and I forgot to ask them for it. Of course, I have no other contact with them as I lost their emails too because I forgot my password to my email.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »