Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #561
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

IT IS AWESOME! Played it for about an hour with a couple of buddies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #562
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Are you sure we played the same game?

Couldn't disagree more with your assessment. Game is everything I want it to be...it's not COD, and it's far from it. Camping? Really? When are people going to sctop whining about this? It's been in every shooter since the dawn of man. That's why there are sniper rifles.

If you took the COD maps and added them to this, they would still be completely different in terms of mechanics. Plus, from what I've seen from other maps not in this demo, I know the maps will all be great.

I was very impressed, and can't wait for release. It will definitely take me away from COD. Although, MAG already did that.
Uh...yea,I'm sure we played the same game.
I couldn't care less if you disagree with my assessment,and since when is it "whining" to complain about snipers??

With the mode available (gold rush),this should be the LAST thing on somebodys mind,ESPECIALLY if you're an attacker,to me this only shows that the person is only interested in their k/d ratio instead of working WITH a squad to achieve the goal,and the last time I checked,this was the draw for the BF games....TEAM work.

To me there are 2 types of snipers
1-the ones who only care about k/d ratio
2-the ones that actually HELP the team,and this was definitely not the case in the matches I played earlier.

The worse kind of sniper,is the one who camps far away from the action,and does NOTHING beneficial to the team....these are the exact ones I have no problem in team killing.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #563
MVP

First thing I thought was that it was not as much like COD as I thought it would be.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #564
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I couldn't care less if you disagree with my assessment,and since when is it "whining" to complain about snipers??

With the mode available (gold rush),this should be the LAST thing on somebodys mind,ESPECIALLY if you're an attacker,to me this only shows that the person is only interested in their k/d ratio instead of working WITH a squad to achieve the goal,and the last time I checked,this was the draw for the BF games....TEAM work.

2-the ones that actually HELP the team,and this was definitely not the case in the matches I played earlier.

The worse kind of sniper,is the one who camps far away from the action,and does NOTHING beneficial to the team....these are the exact ones I have no problem in team killing.
Yeah, when I was playing the PS3 beta. I tried doing the Recon class, and found myself away from the action and away from my teammates. I like being a Medic the best and healing and reviving my squadmates. Being an Engineer and Assault class is also fun.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #565
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I know it's probabaly old news but, WOW! the 360 demo is already out. 1.35 so it's pretty large. I was in the beta for the ps3 so I wonder if there's any differences.

This is going to be good couple of months for me. Mag for PS3 & this for the 360. Yes!

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #566
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

ugh. didn't like the BC2 demo at all. just was not fun. I guess I'm spoiled over the BF2 PC game that came out 4-5 years ago.

the only thing I did like was the destructible environments.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 01-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #567
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower

That's good. It's fine if you don't care for what I said, you stated your opinion, I stated mine.

I just think this game is so far from COD. It's closer to say MAG if anything.

All I'm saying about snipers is I don't care what they do. I don't snipe personally, but I don;t care if someone wants to sit in a bush and snipe people...who cares. This comes mostly from the COD thread, but people and their camplaining about camping/sniping bugs me. It's part of the game.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #568
MVP

So what are the other gametypes and how many maps will be in the retail version?

Demo is loads of fun! I really like the squad setup, its cool to be able to spawn with your squadmates and really work together. Is there a way to enter a game with multiple squads cause that would be really cool?

Does the demo only go up to level 3? Is it known how many levels are in the retail game?

Oh and is there no game chat? I played with some friends and we were in a party, but when I played by myself, there was no voice communication by any of the players on my team or in my squad.

Last edited by Miles_Yuhas; 01-28-2010 at 11:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »