Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #569
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

4 gametypes - Rush, Conquest, Squad Deathmatch, and Squad Rush. Previews have said at least 16 maps.

Not sure about the multiple squads.

50 soldier ranks and then there's kit specific ranking.

Voice chat is limited to the squad you're in. They just must have not been talking.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 AM   #570
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Thumb drive controls, where are they? I loved how the vehicles controlled with only the sticks in the beta.

Also, I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the ballistics feel off compared to the beta and the bullet drop seems to have been decreased. The draw distance while still better than BC1 isn't as good as it was in the beta. It could just be the map, but it will be interesting to compare once the demo hits PS3. Spotting is much better. You can't just spam and watch people light up. Rockets do much more damage to tanks.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #571
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Thumb drive controls, where are they? I loved how the vehicles controlled with only the sticks in the beta.

Also, I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the ballistics feel off compared to the beta and the bullet drop seems to have been decreased. The draw distance while still better than BC1 isn't as good as it was in the beta. It could just be the map, but it will be interesting to compare once the demo hits PS3. Spotting is much better. You can't just spam and watch people light up. Rockets do much more damage to tanks.
Glad to hear that, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 01:08 AM   #572
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I did not like the demo at all and will definitely be passing on this one. Played just over two hours (seriously, 1 map? c'mon man!) and nothing felt right to me. If this is trying to be a peer to COD, they swung and missed IMO. The game fluidity is not there, graphics aren't as good, the snow effects look like something out of a N64 game, there is spawn camping like crazy and then let's get to meat of it.

I cannot stand the controls. Too slow, I maxed the sensitivity and still felt it should go much higher (why can Halo 2, a game that came out in 2004, get this right but games like Killzone 2 and BF BC 2 still can't come close to it? Seriously, this question needs answered). The combat knife thing takes way too long and is a very clunky-looking animation. It makes me only want to knife somebody when I'm coming from behind undetected and I know nobody else is around. Why does it take 15-20 bullets to kill somebody? So many times I would absolutely unload on a guy, only to see him still standing and either take cover or kill me while I was reloading. Isn't this supposed to be a modern-day, semi-realistic shooter? How can guys take full clips and still live? Going off of that, the hit detection is absolutely terrible. You can pump a full clip short distance into somebody's chest/head area yet when they kill you, you see they have like 45 health left. How?? Also, the splash damage for the rocket launcher is an absolutely joke. I snuck up on a sniper from behind and pulled out my rocket launcher to be funny. I aimed at the head from the high ground, and not only did I miss but the rocket did no splash damage, thus not alerting the sniper at all (and yes he was playing, I watched him sniper somebody just seconds after that happened).

I hate to be so negative on a demo like this but honestly, I fail to see how this could ever be considered an AAA title. For similarities, I though it felt similar to MAG, except that MAG was way better and a lot more fun to play, not to mention having a ton more players and multiplayer options.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #573
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
4 gametypes - Rush, Conquest, Squad Deathmatch, and Squad Rush. Previews have said at least 16 maps.

Not sure about the multiple squads.

50 soldier ranks and then there's kit specific ranking.

Voice chat is limited to the squad you're in. They just must have not been talking.
Okay thanks.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #574
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

DL'd it tonight, played for about an hour and left disappointed. I just wasn't feeling it and hoped for something a bit more. The sound, graphics, and explosions were awesome but I thought the controls were terrible and the fact that I have to pump bullet after bullet into someone before they go down was ridiculous. I'm with SportsDude with the sensitivity issue as well.

I'll give it another couple of days since this game was definitely on my purchase list, but I have a backlog piling up already so I may just pass on this one. Different strokes for different folks...
Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #575
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Spotting and tanks being easier to take down are really the only improvements that jump out to me, while controls, ballistics, and hit detection are nothing like the beta. I'm not sure WTF happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #576
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

I wasn't too happy with the 360 demo either.
But I also thought the BFBC1 demo sucked and then ended up loving the full game when I finally got it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »