Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #577
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Maybe the 360 demo is a older build compared to the PS3 beta?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #578
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Spotting and tanks being easier to take down are really the only improvements that jump out to me, while controls, ballistics, and hit detection are nothing like the beta. I'm not sure WTF happened.
Maybe that's what it is, I couldn't put my finger on it but it definitely felt "different" from the beta experience I remembered. I guess it's doubtful that the long list of changes from the beta made it into this build for the demo. Still picking up the game though
Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #579
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Loved the PS3 beta but haven't tried the 360 demo. Possibly an older build?
If the game plays like the PS3 beta then it's no contest IMO when comparing COD(way over hyped) and BC2.
As far as MAG.... meh...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 01-29-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #580
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Ok My Review

I bought the PC version in Full and got access to the closed Beta from Jan 28th to Feb 25th.

I start out as a attacking member and parachute in. Explosions are rocking my house. The crackle of gun fire pops in the distance. I land and survey my surroundings. I could see smoke billowing out in the distance. I hop on a 4 wheeler and roll out to get into some action. As I round a corner a explosion rocks my 4 wheeler and makes me deaf. I jump off and take cover behind it. As my hearing begins to return, I can hear gun fire to my direct right. I turn and see a squad of 3 enemies hiding just off the road, throwing C4 on the road and peppering my men with gun fire. I bring up my iron sights and with two short burst the first guy goes down, I whip quickly left and pump another two burst in the next guy. As he falls I crouch behind my 4 wheeler again and reload my weapon. I then stand and train my weapon on the last guy, with a burst of sustain gun fire I drop him like a cheap rug. Woods cleared!!! It will take them a while to get back there.

I then hop back on my 4 wheeler and take out to the far left of the map and circle behind the bomb points. I end up making it up the stairs on a 3 story building and ran face to face with two snipers. They must of been in scope mode, cause they never seen me. I let my Ak47 rip and knock down both of these snipers.

At this point from multiple encounters I am on my last bit of ammo. I switch to my pistol and start back down the stairs. As I get back to the ground and round the back side of the building a guy is sprinting towards my location. He could not get his gun raised quick enough as I hit him square in the chest with 3 or 4 pistol shots and he slumps at my feet.

My men are spawning on me now and we are making a push for the first bomb. A set of 2 squad mates sprint across a narrow opening to the next building. Bullets come ripping through the wooden fence and as I start my run across the street. 15 feet in front me or so my buddies head explodes and the dreaded PINGGGGG of a round piercing the helmet & shattering my buddies brain stem rings in my ears.

As I make it to the building with rounds exploding all round my feet. The insane rush of a CQB brawl is about to begin. With my pistol drawn I turn the corner to see a gun poking out a window raining fire down on the swarming troops all around him. I throw a grenade in the window and go to turn the corner.........BOOOM. A sniper with a well placed shot drops me at the doorway of the building.

------------------------------------------------------------
That was my first spawn lol. 6 Kills 1 Death!!!! That was 10 mins or so of action. Now take that and make it last for 30 mins or more and you get a idea of how the matches are. Throw in tanks and you got a hell of a rush. I played for about 2 hours last night and I could write at least 10 different stories such as this one. All EPIC!!!!

The Good
- Having Mouse + Keyboard control is sooooo much better than trying to play this on the 360. VERY VERY glad it has returned to PC.
- Battlefield always has the best balance of class system
- Sound effects are hands down the best of any game out there. You "FEEL" like you are in a war.
- The weapons have a great sound and kick to them. They don't sound wimpy at all.
- Weapon damage is much better. Takes much less ammo than BC1 to down a enemy.
- Terrain & Building damage is amazing. Pieces flying everywhere, buildings break down much better, being able to bring entire buildings down = EPIC
- Custom controls = Must have

The Bad
- The PC Beta is having Lag and Browser issues. It is being worked on and being looked into by the Devs

Closing
I have not experience a shooter in a long time that has made me feel like BC2 for PC has. It is in short utterly AMAZING. This is just from the Beta, I can't imagine what the full version is going to bring to the table.

If you enjoyed BC1, you are going to fall in love with BC2. They pretty much fixed all the issues that BC1 had. Weapon damage being one of the big issues for me. I hated pumping a whole clip into someone to watch them run off. This is no longer the case on BC2. 3 or 4 rounds and they are down. Basically small burst will down someone. Sniper rounds kill in 1 shot.

I will finish with. If you own a PC and you want to experience BC2 how it is supposed to be played. Get it for PC!!! Join me in this amazing game. Not having to fight a controller to aim is a dream. It is bringing back the epicness that Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield Modern warfare brought to PC.

I can't speak high enough of this shooter.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC Beta) - A+
Old 01-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #581

OVR: 34

Damn, Phobia. You should do a Dynasty with BC2.

Nice read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #582
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

Nice read.
LOL that would be pretty interesting. I could right a book just after a couple hours of playing. I am pretty damn amped for the game.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the read
Old 01-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #583
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

Nice read.
I know right, thought I was on fanfiction for a minute, good read though.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #584
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
I know right, thought I was on fanfiction for a minute, good read though.
Not a bad Idea. I might just do some kind of "dynasty" type setup with BC2.

Being that I am on the PC, I will be able to take screen shots and post them very easy. So i can capture moments of the story.

The cool thing is that one little quick write up I did was literally my first drop into the game. Did not even know the controls, but since they are like every other shooter controls on the PC. It was extremely easy to let loose like I been playing for years.

I will call it "Stories of a Solider"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »