Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #585
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

I don't know how some of you are unloading full clips into people and they are still standing. I'm squeezing off two bursts with the assualt rifle and dropping fools. I think the map is making a big difference between the ps3 beta and this demo. The ps3 beta was a little more open and was more of a bright summer day type setting, for the demo its a cold winter day...not much sunlight and more wooded areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #586
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

yea, crouch when firing for better accuracy and head shots mean a LOT.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #587
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I did not like the demo at all and will definitely be passing on this one. Played just over two hours (seriously, 1 map? c'mon man!) and nothing felt right to me. If this is trying to be a peer to COD, they swung and missed IMO. The game fluidity is not there, graphics aren't as good, the snow effects look like something out of a N64 game, there is spawn camping like crazy and then let's get to meat of it.

I cannot stand the controls. Too slow, I maxed the sensitivity and still felt it should go much higher (why can Halo 2, a game that came out in 2004, get this right but games like Killzone 2 and BF BC 2 still can't come close to it? Seriously, this question needs answered). The combat knife thing takes way too long and is a very clunky-looking animation. It makes me only want to knife somebody when I'm coming from behind undetected and I know nobody else is around. Why does it take 15-20 bullets to kill somebody? So many times I would absolutely unload on a guy, only to see him still standing and either take cover or kill me while I was reloading. Isn't this supposed to be a modern-day, semi-realistic shooter? How can guys take full clips and still live? Going off of that, the hit detection is absolutely terrible. You can pump a full clip short distance into somebody's chest/head area yet when they kill you, you see they have like 45 health left. How?? Also, the splash damage for the rocket launcher is an absolutely joke. I snuck up on a sniper from behind and pulled out my rocket launcher to be funny. I aimed at the head from the high ground, and not only did I miss but the rocket did no splash damage, thus not alerting the sniper at all (and yes he was playing, I watched him sniper somebody just seconds after that happened).

I hate to be so negative on a demo like this but honestly, I fail to see how this could ever be considered an AAA title. For similarities, I though it felt similar to MAG, except that MAG was way better and a lot more fun to play, not to mention having a ton more players and multiplayer options.
Ugh. Sounds like everything I hated about BC1. Sluggish controls and shoddy hit detection.

MW2 may be a more arcadey shooter to some people, but at least the game has good controls and people don't take half a clip to take down.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #588
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Ugh. Sounds like everything I hated about BC1. Sluggish controls and shoddy hit detection.

MW2 may be a more arcadey shooter to some people, but at least the game has good controls and people don't take half a clip to take down.
Thats what you get when you play on a console though. PC is the way to go for shooters.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #589
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Thats what you get when you play on a console though. PC is the way to go for shooters.
IF you have the rig....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 01-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #590
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Except the controls, ballistics, and hit detection were great in the PS3 beta. There's to much deadzone with the sticks in the 360 demo, making controller movements unpredictable, and simply increasing sensitivity isn't going to help. Bullets have been sped up, but now there's less bullet drop, less recoil, less damage done, and more spread. I have no idea why things were changed.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #591
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
IF you have the rig....
That I do . Everything maxed out, looks wonderful too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #592
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nDAmornin
I don't know how some of you are unloading full clips into people and they are still standing. I'm squeezing off two bursts with the assualt rifle and dropping fools. I think the map is making a big difference between the ps3 beta and this demo. The ps3 beta was a little more open and was more of a bright summer day type setting, for the demo its a cold winter day...not much sunlight and more wooded areas.
I also don't see why you guys are having issues. If you're shooting from across the map, then you won't kill the guy in a few seconds, but if you're close up, then it should be lights out right away. Although, in this game, there is GRAVITY to the bullets, so that might have some effect to the bullets. Sniping is much easier in this game, it doesn't take 3 bullets to kill a guy.

Although, I wish they would've added a second map, the map on the demo was getting stale, but eh it's a demo. I absolutely love the engineer class with the Scar-L, and like everyone else has said, the rockets do alot more damage against tanks.

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 01-30-2010 at 02:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »