Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #601
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
First off, I have never played any of the previous Battlefied games. But playing the demo in this I've loved it. That being said, I have a few (dumb) questions since I'm new to the franchise.

1) No going prone? What's up with that?

2) Can you have two primary weapons? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but if I switch out weapons I keep my pistol and lose my original primary?
Youre actually switching out classes when you pick up a kit, not just your primary weapon.

Had a great run this morning. Won all the rounds I played and was apart of the top squad every time except once and even captured top player once while defending. Had a guy on my team that would just C4 the objective building and take the whole thing gown in one go. He was probably the same guy that was putting C4 on the trees and blowing them as people walked by. Great time.

Also, I killed someone with the defibrilator(sp?). Hilarious.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #602
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
First off, I have never played any of the previous Battlefied games. But playing the demo in this I've loved it. That being said, I have a few (dumb) questions since I'm new to the franchise.

1) No going prone? What's up with that?

2) Can you have two primary weapons? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but if I switch out weapons I keep my pistol and lose my original primary?
1. I think they removed prone to encourage people to move. Prone snipers would be awful in this game (there are already too many snipers per side).

2. You cannot have two primary weapons. If by switch out you mean pick up someone else's bag, you actually switch classes with that. If you are talking about the kit selection screen, you can just replace your current primary with either a global unlock or a class specific gun.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #603
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I also don't see why you guys are having issues. If you're shooting from across the map, then you won't kill the guy in a few seconds, but if you're close up, then it should be lights out right away. Although, in this game, there is GRAVITY to the bullets, so that might have some effect to the bullets. Sniping is much easier in this game, it doesn't take 3 bullets to kill a guy.

Although, I wish they would've added a second map, the map on the demo was getting stale, but eh it's a demo. I absolutely love the engineer class with the Scar-L, and like everyone else has said, the rockets do alot more damage against tanks.
Maybe I was just experiencing a lot of lag for the 2-hour session I played, but I would unload a full clip on a guy close quarters and still not kill him.

I was already on the fence about the game and the demo just confirmed I won't be getting it. I was never too big of a fan of the Battlefield games anyway, I never liked the controls and how the player felt when moving.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #604
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
Maybe I was just experiencing a lot of lag for the 2-hour session I played, but I would unload a full clip on a guy close quarters and still not kill him.

I was already on the fence about the game and the demo just confirmed I won't be getting it. I was never too big of a fan of the Battlefield games anyway, I never liked the controls and how the player felt when moving.

I was just going to post that shooting people seems better to me in the demo than BC 1.

I have been able to take an assault rifle out and round a corner and tap at a dude and hes dead right away. From a distance I have had to unload a clip or 2 at him to get him which is what you would expect. If the guy moved, I would have had to chase him down or let someone else get him. in this case the dude just stood there and took all my bullets and it was hard enough from a distance.

I like the feel of this game. I haven't messed with any automobiles yet or anything, but it seems for some reason closer to a battlefield PC game that BC 1. Im not sure why. Battlefield has "been my jam" I never got into FPS or Modern combat or call of duty/medal of honor,etc. It has always been battlefield and ghost recon for me.

I am pumped for this game after playing this demo. its going to be awesome.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #605
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
1. I think they removed prone to encourage people to move. Prone snipers would be awful in this game (there are already too many snipers per side).

2. You cannot have two primary weapons. If by switch out you mean pick up someone else's bag, you actually switch classes with that. If you are talking about the kit selection screen, you can just replace your current primary with either a global unlock or a class specific gun.
Ok, thanks for the responses. So I guess if I am an assault guy and switch out for a medic, I get his weapon and his gadget (defib?).

Still very excited for this game. Probably will be a MW2 convert. Sniping is actually fun in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #606
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
There's no way the demo build is older than the PS3 beta. Sadly, DICE made changes to things that didn't need any and screwed up the controls. I'm interested in playing the PSN demo to at least see how it controls. The game is still somewhat enjoyable, but it's gone from a definite purchase to wait and see.
What the hell is wrong with the controls? Feels great to me.
NY Knicks :(

Old 01-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #607
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Game feels fine to me as well. I think it's one hell of a shooter personally.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #608
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude

Were you hip firing? I find hip firing is bad in this game... although realistic but it seems the bullets fly everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
What the hell is wrong with the controls? Feels great to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Game feels fine to me as well. I think it's one hell of a shooter personally.
I love the controls and the feel of this game as well, I like the new BC2 controls, I hated BC1 controls, especially having to keep the left stick pushed in to sprint at all times... my thumb would always get sore from that Also, I don't feel the sensitivity is off in anyway like some people have pointed out, it feels snappy to me at whatever sensitivity I have it, which is currently directly in the middle.

As for prone, after reading the answer The C gave, I'm glad they don't have it. Before I read that answer, I really wanted it, but now I'm glad they don't have it. 12 v 12 is fun but if there was prone... the game wouldn't be the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »