Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #609
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
What the hell is wrong with the controls? Feels great to me.
I haven't played the latest demo as I am waiting on the PS3 demo to come out in a bit. I did play the PS3 beta and loved the game and the controls as well. I like the slower feel as it makes the pacing more realistic no sped up crap like MW2 where everyone is twitching and flying around the map. The game actually encourages you to usually shoot down the sights instead of from the hip depending on the situation. The sounds of the game are some of the best I have heard in a shooter. Also to get knife kills you have to be more stealthy not just running toward a guy that's unloading into you like in MW2. Can't wait for the finished product.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #610
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Were you hip firing? I find hip firing is bad in this game... although realistic but it seems the bullets fly everywhere.
multiple instances of both hip firing and scoped firing. In the two hours I played the hit detection was way off, and like I said it's possible I was just in constantly laggy servers. I will give it another try.

As for the controls, I stated it earlier but I don't like how joystick sensitivity is in the game. I maxed it and still wanted to go higher. Controls in a shooter are everything to me, and if it doesn't feel right to me I can't play it.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #611
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Ok.....given this game several more hours of playtime,and I've got to retract everything from my initial post. This game is pretty damn good
I like the idea of switching out primary weapons for any class,as this will add even more of a strategic element in how you want to secure your objectives.

I'm not exactly sure on why folks have problems with the controls,they seem fine to me,I did try and move the sensitivity up,but damn near had a seizure..lol so I immediately moved it back down.

Also not having any problems with killing folks....HEADSHOTS count in this game,and if your going for a longer distance shot,short bursts,mixed in with aiming up a little (to compensate for bullet drop) make for some beautiful headshots.

What I'm still not to fond of however,is the graphics. They are to "clean" for me,I know that sounds strange,but the look of the game didn't retain the "grittiness" from the first,which was something I enjoyed.

My first impression of the demo was not favorable and had me thinking about canceling my preorder,but since giving it more time and working with a squad (which is crucial imo),March 2nd can't get here soon enough.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #612
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Ok.....given this game several more hours of playtime,and I've got to retract everything from my initial post. This game is pretty damn good
I like the idea of switching out primary weapons for any class,as this will add even more of a strategic element in how you want to secure your objectives.

I'm not exactly sure on why folks have problems with the controls,they seem fine to me,I did try and move the sensitivity up,but damn near had a seizure..lol so I immediately moved it back down.

Also not having any problems with killing folks....HEADSHOTS count in this game,and if your going for a longer distance shot,short bursts,mixed in with aiming up a little (to compensate for bullet drop) make for some beautiful headshots.

What I'm still not to fond of however,is the graphics. They are to "clean" for me,I know that sounds strange,but the look of the game didn't retain the "grittiness" from the first,which was something I enjoyed.

My first impression of the demo was not favorable and had me thinking about canceling my preorder,but since giving it more time and working with a squad (which is crucial imo),March 2nd can't get here soon enough.
I played with some friends in a squad of four, and we were each different classes and worked together. Made the game that much more fun.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #613
Pro

OVR: 12

This game is great as it is, but if you can find a squad to constantly play with will only make this game that much more better. Unfortunately I know nobody who plays this game.

I think everyone who is complaining about the controls plays COd to much. COD is a fast paced arcade shooter with no real objective and everyone who plays this is not used to the pace of the game.

The only thing I have a problem with is the rocket launcher. It dips way to much, even at close range.

The sound in this game is just simply amazing. I feel like I'm watching Saving Private Ryan. It really gives that feel of total chaos.
NY Knicks :(

Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #614
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
This game is great as it is, but if you can find a squad to constantly play with will only make this game that much more better. Unfortunately I know nobody who plays this game.

I think everyone who is complaining about the controls plays COd to much. COD is a fast paced arcade shooter with no real objective and everyone who plays this is not used to the pace of the game.

The only thing I have a problem with is the rocket launcher. It dips way to much, even at close range.

The sound in this game is just simply amazing. I feel like I'm watching Saving Private Ryan. It really gives that feel of total chaos.
As much as I like playing COD, I feel like the series has completely dumbed down the FPS/Shooter genre. Everyone now expects an arcade shooter like COD, and when anything like SOCOM, MAG, or BF come along, they completely write it off because it's not a plug and play type game.

Games like BF, MAG, and SOCOM are what shooters should be like...COD is fun, but it's definitely arcade.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #615
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
As much as I like playing COD, I feel like the series has completely dumbed down the FPS/Shooter genre. Everyone now expects an arcade shooter like COD, and when anything like SOCOM, MAG, or BF come along, they completely write it off because it's not a plug and play type game.

Games like BF, MAG, and SOCOM are what shooters should be like...COD is fun, but it's definitely arcade.
QFT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #616
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23

Hey!! imagine that,we agree on something
Great post in all seriousness.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »