Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #617
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
What the hell is wrong with the controls? Feels great to me.
I said why earlier, there's to much deadzone and no stick-drive controls for vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
I think everyone who is complaining about the controls plays COd to much. COD is a fast paced arcade shooter with no real objective and everyone who plays this is not used to the pace of the game.
That has nothing to with it for me, as I can't stand Call of Duty anymore.

You should go back earlier in the thread, I loved the beta, and have probably been championing this game more than anybody, but I'm disappointed in some of the changes I mentioned in regards to ballistics, controls not being as good, and worse hit-detection.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #618
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
As much as I like playing COD, I feel like the series has completely dumbed down the FPS/Shooter genre. Everyone now expects an arcade shooter like COD, and when anything like SOCOM, MAG, or BF come along, they completely write it off because it's not a plug and play type game.

Games like BF, MAG, and SOCOM are what shooters should be like...COD is fun, but it's definitely arcade.

Bingo
Old 01-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #619
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I will officially say I am LOVE with BC2!!!!!!

This game it amazing. I have no idea how anyone a fan of CODMW would not enjoy this game, BC2 is better is almost every area. Of course I have it for PC so all this talk about poor controls means nothing on my side. Keyboard Mouse is always much more realistic and easier to move and aim as you wish.

Being able to just flow in the different things you wanna do. When you are acting on reactions and not trying to fight the controls it makes for a amazing game. So those that don't like the controls, if you have a PC that can handle it. Get it for PC.

Graphics are excellent on PC. Subtle things like explosion smoke and dust lingering in the air making it hard to spot targets, Glare on the sniper lens, massive "look" to the maps.

Sound is on a whole other level in this game. Every other shooter is 3 or 4 pegs lower on sound quality.

This game is pure balance, team work, intensity like crazy, perfect real quality to sound, EXCELLENT custom controls(PC), Vehicle combat, basically it is perfection for a shooter.

I seriously can't wait for March 2nd. I have played literally all day today on the Beta. Watching a building crumble and hearing it give way is a thing of beauty for a Video game.

Last edited by Phobia; 01-30-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #620
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

I have been playing the demo for 360 and I love it. Been switching between this and Mass Effect 2.

One firefight I was in was awesome. Parachuted in as a sniper and ran up to the rocks over looking the first 2 bases, immediately took out the 3 guys in turrets(2 in the building and one along the road)(2 rocket ones and 1 machine gun one). Looked over to my right and we had 2 tanks coming down the road then out of the corner of my eye I seen 3 enemies with rockets waiting till they pass to shoot the back of the tanks. I bring my sniper up and take out 2 of them before the even have a shot, the 3rd one must of seen me and ran back behind a wall....I then make my way down the the crater base and lay some C4 on it while 2 tanks are blowing it to hell. We finally destroy it and start towards the second base when out of no where 3 rockets shoot out of the building in front of us and nail a tank which the blew up....The second tank shot at the building while I was running to it.(Got to be the best sounds in a video game yet, hearing the concrete hit the ground along with the sounds of the gun fire and tanks) I then switch to my Pistol and take out the remaining 2 enemies with rockets in the house, as soon as I do that an enemy tank blows the hell out of the wall I was behind in the house and I take off running into a corner to hide, while I do that I start to hear creaking sounds and my controller starts the rumble, I make a mad dash to the whole only not to make it and get kiled by the collapsing building,......So epic.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #621
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
I said why earlier, there's to much deadzone and no stick-drive controls for vehicles.
I was reviewing the changeset list on their blog, and it looks like they went with these controls for the demo, but once we get the retail we can revert back to the beta controls, I prefer the thumbsticks as well for my vehichle control

EA Bad Company 2 Beta Change Log

Quote:
New vehicle control layout: R2 and L2 for accel and brake, fire on L1 and altfire on R1.
Or lefty vehicle control layout: fire on R1 and altfire on L1.
BFBC1 style vehicle controls are still available as an alternate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #622
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
I have been playing the demo for 360 and I love it. Been switching between this and Mass Effect 2.

One firefight I was in was awesome. Parachuted in as a sniper and ran up to the rocks over looking the first 2 bases, immediately took out the 3 guys in turrets(2 in the building and one along the road)(2 rocket ones and 1 machine gun one). Looked over to my right and we had 2 tanks coming down the road then out of the corner of my eye I seen 3 enemies with rockets waiting till they pass to shoot the back of the tanks. I bring my sniper up and take out 2 of them before the even have a shot, the 3rd one must of seen me and ran back behind a wall....I then make my way down the the crater base and lay some C4 on it while 2 tanks are blowing it to hell. We finally destroy it and start towards the second base when out of no where 3 rockets shoot out of the building in front of us and nail a tank which the blew up....The second tank shot at the building while I was running to it.(Got to be the best sounds in a video game yet, hearing the concrete hit the ground along with the sounds of the gun fire and tanks) I then switch to my Pistol and take out the remaining 2 enemies with rockets in the house, as soon as I do that an enemy tank blows the hell out of the wall I was behind in the house and I take off running into a corner to hide, while I do that I start to hear creaking sounds and my controller starts the rumble, I make a mad dash to the whole only not to make it and get kiled by the collapsing building,......So epic.
I love these types of things. I was in one on the third leg of the rush mode where you have to plant the bombs in the shipping crate yard? Don't know if thats what is but anyway the whole battle wasn't in the yard itself, but basically at the beginning on the road leading to entrance. I was an attacker and we had two tanks on the road trying to make our way down into the yard. Pretty much the whole team set up a line of defense near the entrance with snipers, their tanks, etc. I remember being pinned down behind one of our tanks and hearing the gun fire and seeing the gunfire fly by my head, I'd then race up to the next tank and hear a few sniper shots fly be me and a few RPG's hit our tanks. Not to mention they had their helicopter in the air as well keeping us even more pinned down, we eventually got in but lost, but I agree the firefights in this game are hands down an amazing experience.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #623
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless

That has nothing to with it for me, as I can't stand Call of Duty anymore.

You should go back earlier in the thread, I loved the beta, and have probably been championing this game more than anybody, but I'm disappointed in some of the changes I mentioned in regards to ballistics, controls not being as good, and worse hit-detection.

Agreed flawless, I rarely play COD so I'm not comparing it to that. I just think the controls could be a little more precise. And driving a vehicle is a chore, who thought those controls would be a good idea?

I played some more earlier and had some fun with it but there seems to be some latency issues. One guy shot me when I was behind a building, like his bullet made a 90 degree turn or something. Good thing I don't have to make a decision on it, my roommate's gonna get it for his PS3.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 AM   #624
Banned

OVR: 29

I'm cool witht he controls for vehicles. I love zipping the quad around. My two suggestions are: give me a helicopter training area where I can practice all the maps by myself (it is nearly impossible to grab a chopper). Second, don't change UAV and normal helicopter controls. Make them work the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »