Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #633
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Maybe I had my expectations set a little to high for this game cause I must say I'm dissapointed. I'm not a hardcore player so I really don't notice much difference between BC1 and BC2. Nothing really new here same old stuff and too many snipers. The sequels to all these shooters have let me down. Guess I'll wait for Ghost Recon.
Oh one more thing, why do they not let you lay on the ground (prone) ? and why no cover system ?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #634
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

The more I play it, the more I'm not feeling it. Still want it, but it's not as fun as MC2 right now. Maybe it'll be different once I have retail and playing online with my friends.

Love the sound, love the destruction, hate the controls and the 400 shots to kill a guy.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #635
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
The more I play it, the more I'm not feeling it. Still want it, but it's not as fun as MC2 right now. Maybe it'll be different once I have retail and playing online with my friends.

Love the sound, love the destruction, hate the controls and the 400 shots to kill a guy.
I find it soooo funny that so many guys are going not play BC2 because of the controls. If you own a PC the controls is not a issue and you get to be apart of one of the best shooters.

Very glad I got it for PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #636
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I find it soooo funny that so many guys are going not play BC2 because of the controls. If you own a PC the controls is not a issue and you get to be apart of one of the best shooters.

Very glad I got it for PC.
not all of us have computers that can play games, and it's not like I can just up and buy a gaming rig just because I want to.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #637

DaveDQ's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm hearing a lot of people saying they don't like it. One on my friends list mentioned it was too choppy and not responsive. I think though the issue is there is so much going on. Many would say it's slower than a game like MW2, but really to me it's faster. There is so much movement other than characters that I think many are interpreting that as choppiness. Yes, the camera shift is slower than MW2, but that's why I enjoy it. In some shooters, I feel like I'm carrying a camera and quickly moving left and right with it. I just don't like that.

There are some issues with draw distance. I'm seeing some pop up. I can accept that because of what they are accomplishing with the destructible environment. I would like it if it wasn't there, but I really think some are mistaking choppiness with the fact that so much is going on.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #638
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6

Is it possible that this game was made/built for the PS3 and ported over to the 360? The beta did look and play better.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #639
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm hearing a lot of people saying they don't like it. One on my friends list mentioned it was too choppy and not responsive. I think though the issue is there is so much going on. Many would say it's slower than a game like MW2, but really to me it's faster. There is so much movement other than characters that I think many are interpreting that as choppiness. Yes, the camera shift is slower than MW2, but that's why I enjoy it. In some shooters, I feel like I'm carrying a camera and quickly moving left and right with it. I just don't like that.

There are some issues with draw distance. I'm seeing some pop up. I can accept that because of what they are accomplishing with the destructible environment. I would like it if it wasn't there, but I really think some are mistaking choppiness with the fact that so much is going on.

smooth as silk here plays like a dream with about 1000 more things going on at once than MW2
Old 02-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #640
Pro

OVR: 10

PC beta rocks.

If you're getting a choppy feeling to the game, try getting on a server with low Latency. Also I'm sure they will over-haul the Server side of things with the information the get from the beta's to help out.

Awesome fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »