Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #649
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I just want to say I really love the sound, and I don't even have a surround sound setup.
I play with headphones in theater surround mode and my oh my.... you know where every shot is coming from and you feel like you are in a war... add in the rumble and the screen shake and the immersion is beyond compare.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #650
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I think I was talking to Cyros on meebo when I blew the guy through the wall. I was telling him about it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
some of the deaths are amazing... I set a charge last night and was crouched in a corner trying to hold it down and gys were coming up to the door window trying to take us out. I hit this one guy through the window and I just caught out of the corner of my eye, he drops his weapon and reaches up and grabs his throat and slowly staggers to the ground. it was so sweet looking.

I've seen guys spun around when hit in the shoulder, blown back about 10 feet when slugged with a shotgun, etc... this game is amazing all with excellent lighting and effects going on around us.
Yea, I have seen some of the craziest deaths.

Here is a funny example.

I was defending the bomb crate in the radio tower type room. I think it is on the last section to defend. There is a little hole in the roof where you can drop down. I was shooting with my rifle down the road and guarding them coming up that pipeline.

Well they managed to get inside the building. I chuck a nade down the hole and move back away from it. Granted the hole is what 8 or 9 foot above the ground. I blow this guy literally up out the hole. I am standing looking at this hole waiting for the concusion of the nade so i can drop in. To my surprise a guy comes shooting out this hole and lands half way in the hole, half way on the roof. Then slowly slides and falls back in the room.

I DIED laughing. All I could think about is what it looked like to his buddies.

He runs over nade, Booom shoots him through roof, 10 secs later falls back in the room. LMAO

"Where did Tom go??? Oh **** Tom fell out the sky!!!"
Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #651
MVP

Klocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think I was talking to Cyros on meebo when I blew the guy through the wall. I was telling him about it lol.

Yea, I have seen some of the craziest deaths.

Here is a funny example.

I was defending the bomb crate in the radio tower type room. I think it is on the last section to defend. There is a little hole in the roof where you can drop down. I was shooting with my rifle down the road and guarding them coming up that pipeline.

Well they managed to get inside the building. I chuck a nade down the hole and move back away from it. Granted the hole is what 8 or 9 foot above the ground. I blow this guy literally up out the hole. I am standing looking at this hole waiting for the concusion of the nade so i can drop in. To my surprise a guy comes shooting out this hole and lands half way in the hole, half way on the roof. Then slowly slides and falls back in the room.

I DIED laughing. All I could think about is what it looked like to his buddies.

He runs over nade, Booom shoots him through roof, 10 secs later falls back in the room. LMAO

"Where did Tom go??? Oh **** Tom fell out the sky!!!"
that's awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #652
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
that's awesome
Yea I thought it was badass. Only in a battlefield game do you get some of the coolest moments.

I just wish in the full game. I can put C4 on two legs on one side of a big water tower and bring it down on a bunch of enemies below. That would just be the best kill ever lol

Last edited by Phobia; 02-01-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #653
MVP

Klocker's Arena

Quote:
Yea I thought it was badass. Only in a battlefield game do you get some of the coolest moments.

I just wish in the full game. I can put C4 on two legs on one side of a big water tower and bring it down on a bunch of enemies below. That would just be the best kill ever lol

Red Faction Guerrilla did that
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #654

DaveDQ's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Yes..and you get an "Epic Fail" if you pplace the C4 in the wrong spot, making the water tower fall toward you and ripping open, drowning you.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #655
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Yes..and you get an "Epic Fail" if you pplace the C4 in the wrong spot, making the water tower fall toward you and ripping open, drowning you.
LOL I had my first EPIC fail other night.

I was piloting a helicopter and sitting in over watch as the door gunner just was ripping the team a new one. Well the Heli got damaged and the door gunner jumped out.

I was like well hey guess I will bail and parachute out. I jump out and for some reason it throws me into the rotor blades. WHICH DOES NOT KILL ME, instead it flung me half way across the map. The big letters........EPIC FAIL!! LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #656
Banned

OVR: 29

I continued my UAV killing last night.

I downed 2 more apaches and 2 blackhawks with the UAV. Just find them and start ramming them with the UAV. It makes the helicopters spaz out and the pilots start to spin out of control.

You dont get any kills for it, but it is awesome to watch a blackhawk crash against a building.

Also, I can't wait for the full game so I can switch out the medic LMG for a normal gun from the global unlocks. Give me the tommy gun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »