01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: Halo: Reach
Not the best quality of scans:
- We play as Spartan IIIs. Jorge is the only Spartan II on the team.
- Carter 259 and Kat 320 are the only members of their original squad.
- Jorge is a heavy weapons specialist.
- "Skully" now has a name, Emile 239. He's the silent type of the game.
- The sniper is called Jun 266. He's thoughtful and taciturn.
- Spartans fighting as a team make for quite the sight to behold.
- We can customise the appearance of the Lone Wolf by a small degree.
- Reach is darker than any of the other Halo games.
- Human Insurrectionists are possibly in the game
- Covenant are more dangerous and frightening.
- Covenant soldiers no longer speak English, they speak in their own languages.
- A new enemy like a Jackal has been introduced, named a "Skirmisher." They are deadly and cunning enemies that attack in packs, and flank secure positions.
- Graphics have been improved drastically, as proven by in-magazine comparisons.
- First Halo game to use mo-cap.
- In terms of animation it says they use something called gait blending, which enables the characters animations to blend seamlessly between walking and running for example.
- New weather effects system.
- 20-40 dynamic lights in a single scene, compared to only 4 in Halo 3.
- Bungie enlisted the help of Image Metrics in order to improve quality of the characters faces and performances.
- Elites are back, and are more ferocious than ever.
- Larger scale combat will be in Reach. Where only 20 AI at a time could be on screen in Halo 3, now over 40 AI and 20 vehicles can be present at a time.
- Scenes are more cinematic.
- Noble Team splits up at a point in the story.
- Health Bar is back along with energy shield.
- Single shot rifle like the Halo 2 E3 demo is in the game, named the Designated Marksman Rifle (DRM)
- Sniper, AR and Magnum make a return. Gun sounds are more realistic.
- Needler Rifle is in the game, a mid-range headshot capable weapon.
- Spike Grenades and Flame Grenades are out. Only frags and plasma remain.
- Helicopter Transport is called the Falcon.
- Civilian vehicles are now drivable.
- Fully stealthy gameplay is now possible.
- Assassinations are possible with a knife by holding down the melee button.
- Sprinting is now possible through an equipment like mechanic.
- Spirits, the Covenant drop ship in CE, return in Reach, alongside Phantoms.
- Grunts look a lot more menacing.
- Motion Tracker seems compressed, like an oval rather than the Halo 3 circle.
- Hud is yellow rather than blue.
- Marines look vaguely like Halo 1 marines.
- Phantoms now have a searchlight, like the one seen in the ODST announcement trailer.
- Elites seem taller, and are no longer hunched.
- All features from Halo 3 (Forge, Theatre, Co-op) make a comeback along with several new ones.
- We will be shown what Reach looks like before it is destroyed. We will see the levels of destruction progress as we get further through the game, implying the game takes place over a longish period of time.
Only details about multiplayer:
- 16 players
- Armor abilities play into the multiplayer experience.
- Lots of customization.
Go Noles!!! >>----->
Last edited by Flawless; 01-11-2010 at 03:18 PM.