Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
#DoYourJob
 
Beantown's Arena
 
OVR: 61
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mass
Posts: 31,527
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Halo: Reach

Holy ****, I can't wait.

Squad of Spartans? Bad. ****in. ***.
Beantown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #10
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,538
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Probably the long rumored squad-based shooter. Can't wait to hear more.

I am Bungie in this demostration


*goes to Gamestop or something. Buys Star Wars: Republic Commando*

*reskins*

*ships new game*


*SELLS SOO FREAKIN MANY COPIES*

*produces a good game*
The C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
Come get some!
 
Candyman5's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Martinsburg WV
Posts: 14,387
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
I am Bungie in this demostration


*goes to Gamestop or something. Buys Star Wars: Republic Commando*

*reskins*

*ships new game*


*SELLS SOO FREAKIN MANY COPIES*

*produces a good game*
Nah, tells you to go read Fall of Reach.

If game plays like the book then we are in for some epic ****!
__________________
PS4 Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/candyman5os

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Candyman5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
Be Massive
 
sportsdude's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,001
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Nah, tells you to go read Fall of Reach.

If game plays like the book then we are in for some epic ****!
for those who haven't read it, could you give us a quick synopsis (with spoiler tags for obvious reasons)?
__________________
Lux y Veritas
sportsdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #13
Chelsea, Assemble!
 
Altimus's Arena
 
OVR: 58
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Shed End
Posts: 27,294
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
for those who haven't read it, could you give us a quick synopsis (with spoiler tags for obvious reasons)?
Without giving too much, the book starts of with the Spartan selection and training process.

The book is based of several minor UNSC missions until the main one when UNSC decides they want to capture a Prophet.

Spoiler
Altimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
Go Wings!
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 25,604
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Halo: Reach

When you say squad based do you mean like Rainbow Six?

That might make me get into the Halo universe, I've personally given up on enjoying the main Halo series (though Halo Wars was kinda cool). I just don't get into the Halo gameplay, but if they change it up in Reach I may get to enjoy the mythology of Halo more.
__________________
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7009-7102-8818
mgoblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #15
Chelsea, Assemble!
 
Altimus's Arena
 
OVR: 58
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Shed End
Posts: 27,294
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
When you say squad based do you mean like Rainbow Six?

That might make me get into the Halo universe, I've personally given up on enjoying the main Halo series (though Halo Wars was kinda cool). I just don't get into the Halo gameplay, but if they change it up in Reach I may get to enjoy the mythology of Halo more.
It could be since the missions in the book were based on Spartan teams. I believe it was four to a team while having two other teams doing different objectives on the same mission.

If they decide to change it up, this could be amazing.

However, will Bungie change something which works amazing financially?
Altimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #16
Bang-bang! Down-down!
 
Flawless's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 16,781
Re: Halo: Reach

Halo Reach will be completely different. This has been teased on Bungie's podcast when they were talking about the 3 projects they have in development. They said besides ODST, one game is familiar (Halo Reach) and other (New IP) isn't , but both are radically different from what their fans have come to expect.
__________________
Go Noles!!! >>----->
Flawless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.
Top -