Home

Halo: Reach

This is a discussion on Halo: Reach within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #1625
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I kind of wish they had more Halo 3 type maps to be honest. I don't want to use the word "camp" for Halo but a lot of these maps are a camp fest. Reflection, people camp up by the lifts. The Cage, people camp up by the health pack, Pinnacle, people camp by the tower (not the sniper tower), Zealot, people are starting to camp up top.

I don't remember Halo 3's maps being a camp fest except for that one with the two purple grav lifts (I forget the name). Hopefully when they release future map packs and community maps, that they're better designed and a bit more balanced.
I know what you mean. The only maps I don't see much camping at are Countdown, Asylum, and Sword Base. Sword Base is slowly gaining more campers though. Most of the stupid camping spots are found during Infection, at least thats when I started to notice them the most. Boardwalk used to not have camping when the game first came out, but now there is always some guy on top of that building in back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #1626
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Over the last week I went from in love with the game to basically hating it. Online feels more and more broken with the spawning. To the point my fun is almost completely drained after one game of playing it.

Taking a few day break to see if that changes my mind, but this one won't last after COD comes out.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #1627
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

From Ferrex on Bungie.net:
Quote:
Good evening,

We are in the process of applying credit resets to approximately 15,000 users who we have identified as the most egregious Challenge Reset abusers.

A one day credit earning ban has also been applied, mostly to ensure that recipients receive an in-game notification of the action taken.

As with any such measure, we have taken the time to carefully select our criteria to eliminate false positives.

A more comprehensive pass will be occuring in the coming week as our automated Banhammer mechanisms grow accurate enough to satisfy our high bar for burden of proof. If you are thinking about getting an easy 50k credits by using this exploit, I would strongly advise you to reconsider.

Thank you, and please direct any discussion of these resets to this thread.

Edit 1: a point of clarification. No bans were handed out tonight for

a) Playing too much Gruntpocalypse (no such thing!)
b) Using the target locator too much (no such thing!)

Specifically, we targeted an exploit that allowed players to complete a Challenge 20+ times via itentional network manipulation (i.e., disconnects.)

Spot checks have revealed the telltale signature of this behavior on every denier so far, so don't be fooled by the protests of innocence. We aren't.

Edit 2:
1) If you have lost your Legendary Helmet or any other downloadable offers, you can re-download them via your Download History. We're not sure this is affecting anyone (we haven't reproduced it internally), but just in case it is, give this a try.

2) We won't be resetting Commendations, as we do not feel that the exploit used affected them. It would not be fair to people who did use the exploit but who wish to retain the record of their playstyle, and we cannot differentiate between the two systematically. Sorry.

15,000 Users!

Now if CoD can get those 10th prestige glitchers.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 10-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #1628
Banned

OVR: 29

I'm so awful at this game. I was alright at all the previous Halo games but I'm pretty much the worst in this one
Old 10-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #1629
MVP

OVR: 15

I've played over a hundred matches on team slayer and LOVE this game. Haven't touched campaign....only slayer and big team battle...Swat and Snipers are so fun (because I'm good at those....), but I also LOVE the maps. I am going to straight up pass on The next COD and just keep plowing along with this game....

Serious fun....nothing better than assassinating some unsuspecting sniper or going on a sword rampage and taking out an entire team....twice!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #1630
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Not really seeing a huge issue with camping, but what you guys are describing with holding the tower in Pinnacle and the lifts in Reflection isn't camping to me. That's one of the key strategies of the game, is to hold the strong positions on the map so you can access power weapons and have elevation over the other team.

Those maps play out exactly like they did on Halo 2.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #1631
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Not really seeing a huge issue with camping, but what you guys are describing with holding the tower in Pinnacle and the lifts in Reflection isn't camping to me. That's one of the key strategies of the game, is to hold the strong positions on the map so you can access power weapons and have elevation over the other team.

Those maps play out exactly like they did on Halo 2.
Yeah agreed, not really seeing an issue. Holding power positions is key to Halo. Although I do think that Pinnacle play awful in this game, its my least favorite map.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #1632
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm not hating against it I just think it's a lot harder to break the map control than it was in Halo 3. On Reach's maps, if you're playing against a good team, once they gain the power weapons and map control it's over. If you're playing against randoms who are doing the same thing, it's somewhat easier.

That's the only thing that bothers me, it's harder to break the control in Reach than in Halo 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »