Home

Halo: Reach

This is a discussion on Halo: Reach within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Halo: Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Halo Reach to use Natal?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/29/it...uld-use-natal/

If it is used, I hope it can be turned off.
I agree with you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

That joystig article is a bit misleading. The orginial interview in the Seattle Times basically said that there was a possiblity they could use it on Halo Reach and they were excited for the potential of Natal in the future.

If they use it in Reach, I seriously doubt its going to be used as a main controller for the core aspects of the game. Theres no way Bungie would do that.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #27
MVP

I just thought of something. If this game is squad-based like a lot of people think it might be (Myself included), Natal could be used to give your AI squad commands in the campaign mode. That would be pretty cool.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #28
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Sheesh, talk about a sensationalist article. All Harold said was, "I absolutely think 'Reach' could be enabled with it".

Also, do people not know that Natal can be used in ways to enhance a game a long with using the 360 controller. This is something Microsoft mentioned during E3 that you will see. Somehow a game that may or will use Natal is automatically thought to be only a controller-free experience.

Quote:
I just thought of something. If this game is squad-based like a lot of people think it might be (Myself included), Natal could be used to give your AI squad commands in the campaign mode. That would be pretty cool.
Yep, I would say that's very likely.

Halo games to this point have been pretty soft M rated games, but according to a Gamespot editor on their podcast, Halo Reach is going to be a very dark, grim, and violent game. Also, to be like a hybrid of Ghost Recon, Call of Duty, and Team Fortress.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #29
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
that could be done on a controller, or even the headset.

I'm probably not going to be into all this motion stuff, but the best way for MS to try to force it on core gamers would be through a Bungie made Halo game.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #30
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Yeah, but you can't mimic hand motions on a controller, and most commands in a squad-based unit IRL are done through hand signals, not the radios they carry.

It think it'd be pretty bad ***.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Sheesh, talk about a sensationalist article. All Harold said was, "I absolutely think 'Reach' could be enabled with it".

Also, do people not know that Natal can be used in ways to enhance a game a long with using the 360 controller. This is something Microsoft mentioned during E3 that you will see. Somehow a game that may or will use Natal is automatically thought to be only a controller-free experience.

Yep, I would say that's very likely.

Halo games to this point have been pretty soft M rated games, but according to a Gamespot editor on their podcast, Halo Reach is going to be a very dark, grim, and violent game. Also, to be like a hybrid of Ghost Recon, Call of Duty, and Team Fortress.
I agree with that Gamspot podcast, and I am very excited about the prospect of a Halo game like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount

I'm probably not going to be into all this motion stuff, but the best way for MS to try to force it on core gamers would be through a Bungie made Halo game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Yeah, but you can't mimic hand motions on a controller, and most commands in a squad-based unit IRL are done through hand signals, not the radios they carry.

It think it'd be pretty bad ***.
I agree with Longhorn, using hand motions to direct a squad would be really cool.

And bkfount, I think that with Natal's voice recognition would allow for more advanced and open voice commands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #32
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
And bkfount, I think that with Natal's voice recognition would allow for more advanced and open voice commands.
you forgot to use the word "potentially".

Even though MS showed off Milo to highlight what they want to do with the technology, that kind of stuff is a ways off, maybe not even this generation. The Milo level of voice interaction was proven to be highly scripted with a mix of clever programming by people who tried it out later. Even Peter Molyneux acknowledges that Milo mostly goes off voice pitch, instead of actually understanding what you say.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3...milo-interview

So if this were applied to a squad based shooter right now, I'd rather use a controller than use broken sentences and phrases a voice recognition program can understand, which may not even match the input accuracy of a controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »