Home

Halo: Reach

This is a discussion on Halo: Reach within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #537
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Halo: Reach

I finally played the Beta and realized how bad I am.

I hardly get any kills, but I don't die often, in my first game I got 5 kills, but only 1 death, however I did have about 18 assists.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #538
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
gosh I don't really see what the big deal is. If you have rockets and shoot a guy who goes into armor lock, then why shoot a second rocket when you know he's just going to do the same thing?

Um, isn't this exactly what armor lock was designed for?
My problem isn't really the fact they can block my attacks, its more so that the armor lock makes you invincible as soon as you press LB. Theres no real delay and you can also actually throw the grenade at the same time you go into armor lock and that pretty cheap to me.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #539
MVP

OVR: 10

Problems I have with armor lock.
-You can spam it. A rocket or grenade comes your way, use armor lock for a second, come out of it, then you can still use armor again instantly. The meter should completely drain with a usage of it, even if you only use it for a half of a second.
-You are still invincible for a solid second after you come out of it.
-It lasts to long. A player that gets his shields taken down, armor locks until his shields start to recharge, basically gets a free life.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #540
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I'm absolutely loving it.

This seems like everything I had hoped Halo 3's multiplayer would be...and then some. I'm deadly with the stalker loadout. Incredibly fun to let someone chase you, activate the camo and then stand still, they walk right by you and then BAM assassinate them and listen as they go "Holy ****!"
Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #541
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't really see anything wrong with Armor lock. In that particular video the guy should of been more patient. If he didn't fire the second rocket and just waited he would of eventually used up all of the armor locks juice.

He could of used grenades (assuming he had some) to either catch him coming out of armor lock or at least make him go back in and use it all up leaving him defenseless. If he caught him with a grenade when he came out then he could of saved a rocket and killed him with his secondary weapon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #542
Rookie

OVR: 16

even though i dont use armor lock (i prefer recon) i dont have a problem with it..just back off and catch him later. As for the rocket ..from what i understand is that if you shoot a rocket at someone with armor lock on that the rocket will return back at you...ie...dont shoot a rocket at armor lock...
Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #543
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
I don't really see anything wrong with Armor lock. In that particular video the guy should of been more patient. If he didn't fire the second rocket and just waited he would of eventually used up all of the armor locks juice.

He could of used grenades (assuming he had some) to either catch him coming out of armor lock or at least make him go back in and use it all up leaving him defenseless. If he caught him with a grenade when he came out then he could of saved a rocket and killed him with his secondary weapon.
That guy did come out of armor lock though. He came out and then was able to go back in a second time to deflect the second rocket. When you spawn with something that can eat two rounds (including killing the user with the second one) from the most powerful weapon in the game, thats overpowered.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #544
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I'm absolutely loving it.

This seems like everything I had hoped Halo 3's multiplayer would be...and then some. I'm deadly with the stalker loadout. Incredibly fun to let someone chase you, activate the camo and then stand still, they walk right by you and then BAM assassinate them and listen as they go "Holy ****!"
Definitely agree with you on Stalker being the favorite loadout. I love hiding in the dark spots on Swordbase and waiting for people to run by.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »