Home

Medal of Honor to go Modern

This is a discussion on Medal of Honor to go Modern within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #113
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Medal of Honor to go Modern

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Especially when the multiplayer is being done by DICE.
einh....I'm can't get down with that. I loved the 11 min footage though (thanks to poster), but This is Dice doing basically a CoD game. They had better make their controls tighter and more responsive.

Say what you will about Treyarch or IW's perks and lobbies and whatever else you want. But they nailed the grippy feeling of aiming, shooting and running.

I owned BF1 and BF2 and they're both gone now. I think cod4 > MW2 but whateves. What I'm getting at is Dice may have developed a more tactical game in some respects, but they are inferior (so far) when it comes to controls and aiming at an enemy.

Maybe they did it..but if it's imitation cod with worse controls - it's not a good game imo.

The 'imitation' comment isn't a knock either. It's flattering and not a bad idea...plus as others have said, if they tone down perks and cheese tactics, the imitator could be better. BUT controls are king...if it doesn't feel right or is not responsive or sluggish (BC games are imo) it won't take off (at least with me).
Old 06-17-2010, 01:22 AM   #114
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
einh....I'm can't get down with that. I loved the 11 min footage though (thanks to poster), but This is Dice doing basically a CoD game. They had better make their controls tighter and more responsive.

Say what you will about Treyarch or IW's perks and lobbies and whatever else you want. But they nailed the grippy feeling of aiming, shooting and running.

I owned BF1 and BF2 and they're both gone now. I think cod4 > MW2 but whateves. What I'm getting at is Dice may have developed a more tactical game in some respects, but they are inferior (so far) when it comes to controls and aiming at an enemy.

Maybe they did it..but if it's imitation cod with worse controls - it's not a good game imo.

The 'imitation' comment isn't a knock either. It's flattering and not a bad idea...plus as others have said, if they tone down perks and cheese tactics, the imitator could be better. BUT controls are king...if it doesn't feel right or is not responsive or sluggish (BC games are imo) it won't take off (at least with me).
This.

I am going to give this game a fair chance...but under the category of "twitch shooter,"...Dice fails miserably in the control department.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:28 AM   #115
Pro

OVR: 12

Maybe you guys are use the controls in COD. I don't play COD for obvious reasons, but I tried it and it felt horrible, it feels like it's on crack. I been olaying BF since it first came out and started on the console with BFMC2 and the controls always felt fine to me, never had and still don't have an issue with them.
NY Knicks :(

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #116
Banned

OVR: 18

http://www.offdutygamers.com/2010/06...action-report/

Quote:
MP Basics

• There is no PRONE or LEAN in MP
• Tier 1 picks their own gear
• 3 mods per weapon
• Lots of combinations

1.Rail Slot (sights)
2.Barrel Slot (suppressor/silencer)
3.Base Slot (ammunition)

• Ammunition type (yes, you can choose higher powered ammo for hardened targets or to increase distance)
• 3 Player Classes

1.Rifleman
2.Special Ops
3.Sniper

• Score Chains – Points build as you hit objectives or take down enemies and work as a team, the longer you stay alive the more these points build. As you build up these points i unlocks support actions (see you thought support was gone without the player class!). When you get a support action, you can choose between an OFFENSIVE or DEFENSIVE option for example, mortar strike or the UAV to locate enemies (and even a SCUD missile!)
• Ranking System
• You start as a Ranger and as you enhance and rank up you get selected for Tier 1 (you get your beard!) which is the level indication vs. a ‘military rank’ structure like that of BFBC2.
• Players unlock weapons and even new player skins for ‘operator’ custom look.
• Demotion in skill value points for ‘bad’ actions
• Support class has been removed to favor a more ‘tactical’ decision model. In the world of Tier 1, the groups are all tactical vs. having a dedicated support individual.
• Health will regenerate over time or will get awarded during game play
• Mods (load out choices) will persist between matches for classes and teams (and can be setup outside of the live game mode so you can take your time and consider)
• Teams are ‘Coalition vs. Insurgents’
• Friend System just like BFBC2 to invite, track and join your buddies
• Specific weapon unlocks per side so that insurgents will get weapon unlocks specific to enemy and vice versa for Coalition forces
• Interior splash damage increases (grenade explosive damage worse in enclosed spaces)
• No gibbing – Kill model is ragdoll body effect not body parts
• Leaderboard and Stats – Both inside the game itself and outside sources for external game use
• In game achievements are separate from single player
• Hardcore mode will be available
• The team you’re on (Coalition or Insurgent) determines which weapons you can select from
• Modified Frostbite engine limits destruction vs BFBC2 (more accurate depiction of damage)
• Snipers can steady a shot by holding breath
• UAVs are ‘predator’ variant
• No magic parachutes! If you jump from a building better be ready to pay that price
• Spawn decision allows you to choose from front line or rear area (if you need to regroup rather than jump into the firefight immediately)

Platform Specific Elements:

•PC: No Mod Tools (at least none planned at this point and foreseeable future)
•PC: Game server rental only. No private dedicated server which means no release of server code to community
•PC: While there is dedicated servers the EA Master Server will not be shared between BFBC2 and Medal of Honor
•PC: In game voice but it is for entire team only and not squad level
•XBL: Party chat functions will be available for private group voice functionality (take your party in game)
•PC: Server filters will be better than BFBC2 and MORE options
•PC: Spectator mode will take a ‘player’ slot from the max of 24
•PC: Punkbuster will be used
•PC: RCON tools will be available

I hate the thought of having to switch guns based on what team I'm on. As someone who has like 25,000 kills the the SCAR in MW2 I'm not a big fan of change or variety.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #117
DickDalewood

OVR:

Just gotta say again, I really can't wait for this game, lol. BC2 is EASILY the best online game I've ever played, so I have very high hopes for this as well. It's because of this series that I'll most likely never buy another COD game again, as their brand of online is just not at all for me.

So excited

Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #118
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Pre-ordered this last night on amazon and am yet to receive my beta code.

edit: just realized it says the 21st

Last edited by Moses Shuttlesworth; 06-17-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #119
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Pre-ordered yesterday at EB Games here in Canada and got my redemption key.The site is down right now so Have to wait to use it. Hope to be on playing later today as I have BFBC2 with VIP code with the MOH pre-order so I get to play early.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 10

So if I pre-order, once I get my code can I cancel the pre-order right away?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »