Home

Grand Theft Auto V

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #73
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
re: Grand Theft Auto V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
That's what they've done for every gang thus far.

Do you really think the Italian mafia and Asian, Latin, and Eastern European gangs all speak English? Even the black dialect is more Law and Order than anything someone has said in the last 10 years.
All of those games, with those people, took place in America. The proposed idea was to have the game take place in Brazil.

If the idea had been a Brazilian cartel in America, your point would be valid and very true.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
All of those games, with those people, took place in America. The proposed idea was to have the game take place in Brazil.
I know that.

However they've already either translated all of the language or used generic, 1990s slang in the previous games (and RDR). I don't see why they would suddenly have to do the game in Portuguese if it was set in Brazil.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #75
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Of Course Rockstar is researching Hollywood, they are Creating a game outside of GTA there: LA Noir. No way Rockstar would be so careless as to give hints about where the next city will be, they are always the first to break the story with a single picture.
LA Noire has been in development for years, and they wouldn't really be scouting out the location for that game at this point. It's possible they're doing it an updated San Andreas, as Hollywood is like a few streets and a sign on a hill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #76
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I know that.

However they've already either translated all of the language or used generic, 1990s slang in the previous games (and RDR). I don't see why they would suddenly have to do the game in Portuguese if it was set in Brazil.
Because it's easier to believe that they'd be able to speak English with ****ty accents relevant to their nationalities in America than it would be to believe everyone in Brazil speaks English.

That kind of realism is something Rockstar would not mess around with.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel55
I think the game should take place in Brazil...so much atmosphere and a wealth of ideas to pull from.

From the favelas, to the drug trade, to beautiful women and glamour, and some kind Carnivale theme. I think it could be pulled off nicely.
THIS.

GTA in Brazil would be perfect, if they did in SAO PAULO and RIO...Huge cities, with wealthy neighbourhoods and poor neighbourhoods, great night life, big crime rate, corrupt politicians, women...
Old 08-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #78
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
THIS.

GTA in Brazil would be perfect, if they did in SAO PAULO and RIO...Huge cities, with wealthy neighbourhoods and poor neighbourhoods, great night life, big crime rate, corrupt politicians, women...
You're right, the U.S. doesn't have women.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #79
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
THIS.

GTA in Brazil would be perfect, if they did in SAO PAULO and RIO...Huge cities, with wealthy neighborhoods and poor neighborhoods, great night life, big crime rate, corrupt politicians, women...
A game Similar to GTA would work for Sao Paulo, but not GTA. Likes I said earlier, there is a Formula for Success in GTA, part of that Formula is a satire of America. GTA IV took full advantage of the Post 9/11 Terror Hysteria and made fun of it.

Trust me when I say this, GTA will stay in America.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #80
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
i wanna see GTA: Philly!

(major bias)
I actually thought about this earlier today and would probably like to see this as well. Either Philly or Chicago would be great spots for the next GTA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »