Home

Grand Theft Auto V

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #12241
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Grand Theft Auto V

You figure GTA 6 will be announced sometime next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2020, 06:31 AM   #12242
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eton Rifles
You figure GTA 6 will be announced sometime next year.
Maybe if GTAO never existed lol. They're about to rerelease GTA V for PS5 and XSX. That game will now have been on 3 different console generations and is 8 years old.
I looked at a gameplay vid the other day and realized just how dated it looks now. That's how long it's been out and they're still making 10's of millions off it lol.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:55 PM   #12243
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I miss the 7th and early 8th gen era where it felt like we had a lot of quality options every year. It doesn't feel like that anymore. I think of Rockstar and only releasing RDR2 and remastered GTA V since 2013. Instead of getting a new game/IP, we are getting another remaster of a remastered GTA V lol. I would love to see Rockstar go back to that every other year release schedule instead of over milking the same cow for a decade. I would love to see another Max Payne or them actually doing something with the Agent, or another LA Noire type game. Hell, I'd take a Warriors or Bully remake lol. Feels like they're just wasting IP. Even if they were the shorter 10-14 hour experiences, I'll take that every other year than just 2 games since 2013.

Since they're doing a remaster of a last gen remaster, I'm just expecting the normal stuff. Higher resolution/framerate, improved textures, improved lighting and audio, faster load times, more NPC and stuff happening on screen, and likely a little more story content added. I rather them had focused more on another title than to do another remaster. How many people were asking for another remaster of a game that came out less than a decade ago. They would've been better off with just having the game take advantage of next gen console Boost mode.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:23 PM   #12244
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

GTA VI is likely under development and has been for some time. I doubt they are simply updating V and have done nothing for VI.

Take-Two did state they wanted to get back to having games released more frequently, so hopefully that does equate to more GTA games coming out more frequently moving forward. With GTA Online becoming standalone, this may open the door for the GTA series to have more releases more frequently since they potentially won't be tied down with the online aspect like they have been with V for so long.

I doubt we will ever go back to the old days where we got 3 GTAs in 4 years(III in 2001, VC in 2002, and SA in 2004) since games are much more detailed and take more effort than ever to make, but it would be nice if a new GTA came out every 2-4 years moving forward.

I would rather they go back to the old model where between III, VC, and SA there was more focus on content and the look and feel of the game hardly changed rather than do what they did with IV and V where they tried too hard to make them different from the rest of the series and we ended up with each lacking in the content area.

I would have gladly taken a new GTA game by now that only had a slight graphical update over V, but introduced a new location, set of characters, and a brand new story with tons of content. That's what VC and SA did for the series and that's all I want. I don't need each GTA to take big graphical jumps. V still looks good for a nearly decade old game. GTA has never been about graphics anyways. Right now I'd take a new game with V's graphics if it had as much content as San Andreas.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #12245
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
GTA VI is likely under development and has been for some time. I doubt they are simply updating V and have done nothing for VI.

Take-Two did state they wanted to get back to having games released more frequently, so hopefully that does equate to more GTA games coming out more frequently moving forward. With GTA Online becoming standalone, this may open the door for the GTA series to have more releases more frequently since they potentially won't be tied down with the online aspect like they have been with V for so long.

I doubt we will ever go back to the old days where we got 3 GTAs in 4 years(III in 2001, VC in 2002, and SA in 2004) since games are much more detailed and take more effort than ever to make, but it would be nice if a new GTA came out every 2-4 years moving forward.

I would rather they go back to the old model where between III, VC, and SA there was more focus on content and the look and feel of the game hardly changed rather than do what they did with IV and V where they tried too hard to make them different from the rest of the series and we ended up with each lacking in the content area.

I would have gladly taken a new GTA game by now that only had a slight graphical update over V, but introduced a new location, set of characters, and a brand new story with tons of content. That's what VC and SA did for the series and that's all I want. I don't need each GTA to take big graphical jumps. V still looks good for a nearly decade old game. GTA has never been about graphics anyways. Right now I'd take a new game with V's graphics if it had as much content as San Andreas.

I think the slated release is 2023-2024. I think they said the game will be in a smaller scale compared to past couple games.

I didn't like the disparity between IV and V. IV had a serious darker tone and V felt like a reality TV show. I prefer IV over V from a story perspective. If it was a situation where V remastered wasn't a free upgrade, I'm not too sure I would be too interested in buying it. If it is free upgrade, then I'll play it just because it'll be 2-3 years since I last played it. But the story/content isn't that good enough for me to want to purchase.

Yeah VC to SA transitions is what I want. I'd love a 2-3 year cycle with new games. Where the game/graphics engines are the same, but the location and story/content is different. I'm down for smaller scale games if that means more frequent releases. III, VC, SA had the GTA look and feel. But didn't feel like the same reskinned games like many other yearly/biannual series does. Atmosphere and attention to detail was what separated those 3 titles.

Disappointed the focus was only on Online. I would have wanted a Single Player DLC for V like it was for Vice City Series and the two DLCs for IV. I would have spent $10+ on 3-4 hours of additional single player content

Last edited by illwill10; 03-21-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2021, 04:41 PM   #12246
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Is the V upgrade a PS5 exclusive? I haven't really paid much attention to it. I would hope it is coming to PC as a free upgrade as well, but I just remember it being announced at the Sony show.

From a customer perspective, I would gladly take GTA VI releasing in say 2023, then getting two new releases, one in 25, one in 27, that is the same graphics and gameplay for the most part, but has a brand new location and story with more content. Essentially what VC and SA were to III. Over those years, I'd love for Rockstar to also be working on the foundation for VII and it releases in 29, then we repeat the cycle. 31 gets another titled release, 33 as well, then in 35 we get another major release in VIII.

I would imagine GTA and Online will take in so much cash that plan would remain very profitable and work, but it's just a dream and I doubt Rockstar goes back to a model like they had in the 3D era. We waited 4 years for IV, then 5 for V. Now it'll be 8 years this year and we're not getting VI. Even with Take-Two wanting more frequent releases, I doubt it changes much for GTA. I get Rockstar likes to take their time, but it partially feels they just take their time because they can, not because they need to. I get their games are incredibly detailed and polished, but it honestly feels like they aren't always taking their time because of the details and polish, but because they are simply in no hurry.

I imagine RDR 2 could have released earlier than it did with the same level of quality, I believe Rockstar simply didn't to push it out any sooner because GTA Online prints them money. It's the same thing for GTA VI. I don't think we're waiting a decade for it to release solely because of its scale and detail. It's because Rockstar can print money with Online and release VI whenever they want.

GTA V is still a best selling game nearly 8 years later and Online makes more money than almost any other game out there. Why would they push to release VI anytime soon?

― Plato
Old 03-20-2021, 04:47 PM   #12247
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Is the V upgrade a PS5 exclusive? I haven't really paid much attention to it. I would hope it is coming to PC as a free upgrade as well, but I just remember it being announced at the Sony show.

From a customer perspective, I would gladly take GTA VI releasing in say 2023, then getting two new releases, one in 25, one in 27, that is the same graphics and gameplay for the most part, but has a brand new location and story with more content. Essentially what VC and SA were to III. Over those years, I'd love for Rockstar to also be working on the foundation for VII and it releases in 29, then we repeat the cycle. 31 gets another titled release, 33 as well, then in 35 we get another major release in VIII.

I would imagine GTA and Online will take in so much cash that plan would remain very profitable and work, but it's just a dream and I doubt Rockstar goes back to a model like they had in the 3D era. We waited 4 years for IV, then 5 for V. Now it'll be 8 years this year and we're not getting VI. Even with Take-Two wanting more frequent releases, I doubt it changes much for GTA. I get Rockstar likes to take their time, but it partially feels they just take their time because they can, not because they need to. I get their games are incredibly detailed and polished, but it honestly feels like they aren't always taking their time because of the details and polish, but because they are simply in no hurry.

I imagine RDR 2 could have released earlier than it did with the same level of quality, I believe Rockstar simply didn't to push it out any sooner because GTA Online prints them money. It's the same thing for GTA VI. I don't think we're waiting a decade for it to release solely because of its scale and detail. It's because Rockstar can print money with Online and release VI whenever they want.

GTA V is still a best selling game nearly 8 years later and Online makes more money than almost any other game out there. Why would they push to release VI anytime soon?

I think the Only thing Exclusive was Online perks leading up to the upgraded V. But probably has planned partnership where Sony might get exclusive/timed content in the future.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:31 PM   #12248
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Probably the coolest cosmetic mod I've seen before:

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »