Home

Grand Theft Auto V

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #401
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Quote:
Or you're driving down the street when you see an accident. The two drivers get out, but one of them is enraged and pulls a gun and you only have a moment to save the other driver before his head gets blown off. Sure if you fail nothing bad will happen, but if you succeed, the driver will probably reward you with something for saving his life.
I've seen this happen in GTA IV. Although you didn't get rewarded for saving someone's life but I've seen cases where there was an accident and either the 2 drivers would go at it until one of them either died or got caught by the Police.

Not sure how I would feel about Co-op Story though because I don't think it's something that GTA really "needs" and I think they're the one game from Rockstar that can get away from not having that in the game.

Quote:
Rob someone.. kill someone.. save someone.. repeat.
You literally described every open world game made by Rockstar LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #402
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Anyone else think, that after playing Arkham City, no open world game would be the same?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #403
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Anyone else think, that after playing Arkham City, no open world game would be the same?
I havent played it but have you seen Skyrim?

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #404
Rookie

TomZeWolf's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Nah not at all. I do love AC but it's nothing revolutionary in terms of open world games.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #405
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomZeWolf
Nah not at all. I do love AC but it's nothing revolutionary in terms of open world games.
Someone had to say it. Thank you sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #406
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
If R* makes GTA V more like Red Dead Redemption rather than GTA IV I think this could be the best game on this gen. It has so much potential (but so did LA Niore, and that left a lot on the table. But then again that wasn't a R* game, it was a Team Bondi game produced by R*)

Sent from my LG Ally using Tapatalk

Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #407
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNes12
If R* makes GTA V more like Red Dead Redemption rather than GTA IV I think this could be the best game on this gen.

Sent from my LG Ally using Tapatalk
What do you think could be brought from RDR over to V? For me the thing I loved abour RDR was the setting. The main set of missions were pretty much standard for your R* game.

I think it will be better just because they can focus more storyline content within the game and not on making the first next gen city like they had to with IV. Can't believe it's already been 3.5 years since IV. Time flies.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #408
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Honestly, a big thing that I think will help change the setting is the new onset of characters. In RDR, every conversation on the way to places was engaging. In GTA IV, it was always Roman and Niko exchanging dialogue about how the titties are in the new country, and living the life of freedom, etc. Niko's negativity really got to me, as well as his heavy accent.

Also, I would really like more of a "work your way up" kind of respect and honor system like RDR has. Not only that, but also being able to buy property/estate again, much like Vice City and San Andreas.

One final thing, I think countryside needs to be added again. Not that it needs to look like Hicktown USA, but I don't think it just needs to be cityscape. Have some wide open freeway areas, etc. Take GTA IV and as much city as it had, and separate them with countryside in between (if it's possible to have that much landscape). This will help push wanting planes in the game.

These things will really help it go a long way, IMO.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »