Home

Older gamers?

This is a discussion on Older gamers? within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #33
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Older gamers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
I swear I thought I just read my own bio. Except for the 31 thing.... oh and I'll never own a 360.
lol I felt the same way about the PS3. I gave up the fight when I was at the PS3 kiosk (in my suit) lined up with kids waiting for my turn. I need all the platforms because I hate to miss out on great games.

Because of that I own flops like the 3DO, Dreamcast, Jaguar, Lynx, Virtual Boy, Sega 32x, the Sega CD.... lol
Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
lol I felt the same way about the PS3. I gave up the fight when I was at the PS3 kiosk (in my suit) lined up with kids waiting for my turn. I need all the platforms because I hate to miss out on great games.

Because of that I own flops like the 3DO, Dreamcast, Jaguar, Lynx, Virtual Boy, Sega 32x, the Sega CD.... lol
Im 29, getting ready to turn 30. Have a fair amount of time to play. Im single and work 40-50 hours a week welding. Been sober for 3 years so i pretty much stay home nowadays, anyway been playing since intellivision(BurgerTime baby!).

Anyways, the reason im posting in this thread is i saw you said you had a Jaguar and 3D0.

Well, remember the big uproar people had when the PS3 came out at launch with a $499 and $599 price tag, the freaking 3D0 launched at $699 in 1993!! I remember going through my Gamepro, thinking of how many yards it was going to take to save up the money just so i could play Madden on 3D0(never did save up enough for one). Also the Jaguar had one of the dumbest controllers ever. A friend of mine bought one(only remember playing Alien vs Predator) but man, i remember how much i hated that controller. Sorry to get off topic abit, but seeing those two system console names brought back some memories.

Last edited by jjdogjjdog5162; 03-22-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #35
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
oh my you have that? that is my worse nightmare. I am dreading the day i have to deal with it
Not really, it was just a bit of humor to go along with the 'old age' theme of the thread. Man, I hope I never get it, though. It's awful.

Quote:

LOL, I owned a 3DO, Dcast, Jag, Sega32x and CD (the 'Sega Stack' I called it).

I actually had a lot of fun on that 3DO. Madden was cool, as was Gex, the amazing Need For Speed, Road Rage. Those are the standouts.

Jag...Avp, Tetris, Wolfenstein, not a lot else LOL. That machine was a mistake.

DC was one of my fave consoles of all time. Bought lots of import games for it too. Great sports games.....and best launch ever. LOVED it.

32x and Sega CD were EPIC wastes.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #36
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogjjdog5162
Im 29, getting ready to turn 30. Have a fair amount of time to play. Im single and work 40-50 hours a week welding. Been sober for 3 years so i pretty much stay home nowadays, anyway been playing since intellivision(BurgerTime baby!).

Anyways, the reason im posting in this thread is i saw you said you had a Jaguar and 3D0.

Well, remember the big uproar people had when the PS3 came out at launch with a $499 and $599 price tag, the freaking 3D0 launched at $699 in 1993!! I remember going through my Gamepro, thinking of how many yards it was going to take to save up the money just so i could play Madden on 3D0(never did save up enough for one). Also the Jaguar had one of the dumbest controllers ever. A friend of mine bought one(only remember playing Alien vs Predator) but man, i remember how much i hated that controller. Sorry to get off topic abit, but seeing those two system console names brought back some memories.
lol That was my major Christmas present from my parents. It was $699 and my brother and I had to combine our major present (each year we could ask for one big gift) to get it. It was incredible at the time because Road Rash, Total Eclipse, Shock Wave, Return Fire, and Slam Jam were all way ahead of the grapics on the Genesis.

The Jaguar was cool because that was the only system (besides the PC) that you could play Doom on at the time. Aliens vs. Predator was also solid. The only games my Dad ever played were Doom and Wolfenstein. playing games with my Dad was worth the price of the system.

It wasn't a console but I also shelled out $200 for Steel Battalion. For a single game with no multiplayer that was a lot of money.... When I picked it up at EB my girlfriend (ex now) and I ran into her Mom and Grandmother. I was carrying a gigantic ammo crate and all 3 generations bitched me out for buying a $200 videogame.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #37
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Great call on Return Fire for 3DO! Damn that game was awesome...classical music and war. Each vehicle had it's own song; the little quick jeep had "Flight of the Bumblebee", tank had 'Mars', chopper of course had "Flight of the Valkyries" lol.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #38
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
It wasn't a console but I also shelled out $200 for Steel Battalion. For a single game with no multiplayer that was a lot of money.... When I picked it up at EB my girlfriend (ex now) and I ran into her Mom and Grandmother. I was carrying a gigantic ammo crate and all 3 generations bitched me out for buying a $200 videogame.

Getting rid of my Steel Battalion step up, one of my biggest regrets in the last 7 years.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
Rookie

rdmcfall's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm 33, and I can still squeeze in a few hours a week. Mainly it's the major AAA titles and sports, but that's all I'm really interested in. I've definitely felt gaming becoming less of a primary interest over the last year or two, but there is no better way to unwind then sitting down and playing a friend in Madden, 2k, etc.

Our first baby arrives in 3 weeks (boy), so this story may change a few weeks from now...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #40
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Great call on Return Fire for 3DO! Damn that game was awesome...classical music and war. Each vehicle had it's own song; the little quick jeep had "Flight of the Bumblebee", tank had 'Mars', chopper of course had "Flight of the Valkyries" lol.
I'm shocked that Return Fire isn't on PSN or Xbox live arcade. I loved that game! I don't know if I ever lost. I had it down to science. First blow up the bridges with the helicopter. Then blow up the buildings to expose the flag.

The jeep could inflate it's tires to float on water so I would do that to get to the flag and back. The rock scissors paper gameplay was easy to learn and hard to master. This game would still work on any platform today.

I can picture it now....

Return Fire "With Friends"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmcfall
I'm 33, and I can still squeeze in a few hours a week. Mainly it's the major AAA titles and sports, but that's all I'm really interested in. I've definitely felt gaming becoming less of a primary interest over the last year or two, but there is no better way to unwind then sitting down and playing a friend in Madden, 2k, etc.

Our first baby arrives in 3 weeks (boy), so this story may change a few weeks from now...
I'm not a gaming doctor but the symptoms are familiar. Wife + Kids = less time for gaming..

There is a new medicine for this. It's still in it's testing stages but it has been proven to be extremely effective for game deprived fathers.

It's called the VITA!

It also cures secondary side effects like having to watch terrible T.V. with your wife.

Last edited by WildFan22; 03-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »