Home

Old 06-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #8001
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Destiny

Yeah I used to hate the Thorn but as I got used to crucible and the strategies it's pretty easy to counter. I've ran into a few really good people at using it but other than that it's mostly scrubs (no offense, I use it sometimes too) that just take a couple of body shots and hop the poison does its work.

This can be applied to anything in crucible: If you're low in health don't keep fighting, run away and recover. 9/10 you won't win if you keep going in the gun fight and you'll just get frustrated.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 01:33 AM   #8002
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Yep, I go through spells where I will use Thorn over Hawkmoon, but even then I try to go for the headshot, as those do more damage. The burn happens with the first shot, so if that one or your next one isn't to the head there is a good chance the person will survive if its 1v1, and if the other person has any gun skill you are looking at being killed yourself.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #8003
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0

Just ran Crota on HM with a level 33 swordbearer and we took Crota down in 2 swords. Got him to 45% on the first sword and finished him with the second. Can't wait to see what a level 34 does to him.

Hope I can get the WoC soon because so far I'm barely getting 2 points a crucible game for the Thorn bounty with Shotgun.

Last edited by TrustedDegree4; 06-01-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #8004
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I need to run Crota HM and Normal. Still looking for Black Hammer. Still want Word of Crota.

Hell, I still need/want the Vex.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #8005
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
Just ran Crota on HM with a level 33 swordbearer and we took Crota down in 2 swords. Got him to 45% on the first sword and finished him with the second. Can't wait to see what a level 34 does to him.

Hope I can get the WoC soon because so far I'm barely getting 2 points a crucible game for the Thorn bounty with Shotgun.
An easy 2 swords. In the first down of the second sword, you actually gotta hit him only twice to avoid enrage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #8006
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Yeah I used to hate the Thorn but as I got used to crucible and the strategies it's pretty easy to counter. I've ran into a few really good people at using it but other than that it's mostly scrubs (no offense, I use it sometimes too) that just take a couple of body shots and hop the poison does its work.

This can be applied to anything in crucible: If you're low in health don't keep fighting, run away and recover. 9/10 you won't win if you keep going in the gun fight and you'll just get frustrated.

This strategy has helped me tremendously. When u walk into someone's line of sight u have time to get away unless it is a skilled sniper. I run away a lot if I don't have the upper hand.

Always think tactically and get into gunfights on your own terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #8007
Pro

OVR: 2
Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4

I just tackled this bounty last weekend. I used a voidwalker Warlock, WoC, a void fusion gun, and Truth. Use a void shotgun if u are better than the fusion gun.

Go into control where the movement is predictable and u generally have an idea where people are.

Is best to get the bounty completed when Iron Banner is going on. The most skilled players will be playing that mode. Even better if Trials and Iron Banner is going on.

Have fun and remember that u get 5 points for a kill and 2 points for dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by rhein77; 06-01-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #8008
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

This week/weekend has put me at the apex of my frustration with Destiny. The time spent (you could argue wasted) on both the 34 and 35 PoE. Knowing that the rewards for a 35 completion pale in comparison to the rewards for hard mode raids. Still being unable to even get to 5 wins in ToO. Then last night it reached an all time high. Normally I am happy when good loot falls for my raid mates. Met them through my Madden CFM, and w/o them would've been done with Destiny a while ago. But as good guys do we brought it a few others as well. Sherpaed them through VoG, and CE and NF while they were underleveled to get them the gear and weapons to make a difference later one. Recently started to get frustarted with ones need to only do things in the group. Pretty much pointed him to destiny lfg to do some of the raids I have no desire to do anymore VoG specifically (two vex, and two FB). He finally after weeks of gently proding goes the lfg route and boom gets a Gjallerhorn last night. Like I said I am normally very happy for any of "my" guys to have great loot drops last three weeks seen two Horns drop for guys as nightfall rewards, well earned as they have been grinding since September. This one though it made me so mad.

Sitting at 1,058 hours put into this game and still not having that drop then to see it drop for someone who has under 300 got me. Especially given that PoE is becoming a Ghorn party for the tougher bosses. Its the one time I'm glad I digitally downloaded this game, becuase I think I would've destroyed the physical disk if I had it.

/rant

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »