Home

Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Wink Re: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Destiny is still suppose to come to all the systems however Sony gets exclusive content. In my head I believe Sony pursued them and it was mainly Activision and Sony talking than Bungie. Once the deal was done Bungie had no choice but to go with it.

I remember Bungie when they left Halo behind was really excited about doing a multi platform and seemed like they didnt want any one system to have a advantage in the beginning, thats why I believe it was more Activisions doing with the exclusive deal.
I highly doubt Activision was talking to Sony on the side and Bungie had no choice but to accept the deal. Money talks, I am sure Sony spent a lot of money to get exclusive content and Activision and Bungie decided it was a good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #26
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I highly doubt Activision was talking to Sony on the side and Bungie had no choice but to accept the deal. Money talks, I am sure Sony spent a lot of money to get exclusive content and Activision and Bungie decided it was a good idea.
Could end up just making more exclusive content for both consoles. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there is PS4 exclusive content as well as some xbox exclusive content.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #27

OVR: 34

They kinda had me when they didn't mention zombies.

One thing I see in all of this is how calculated this game is. I watched the announcement video and then noticed a few days later how Gamespot's stores are filled with Destiny related marketing. This game is getting a major push and looks to be next-gen's catapult type game.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It's an MMOFPS - and a console-based one at that - because of that I have a hard time getting excited for this game.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Intriguing but need more info on what is actually going on in the game and what the gameplay mechanics will be like.

Right now, it just reads like a open world FPS.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #30
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Intriguing but need more info on what is actually going on in the game and what the gameplay mechanics will be like.

Right now, it just reads like a open world FPS.
They stated it was a FPS.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #31
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
They stated it was a FPS.
Yeah I know and that's not enough for a purchase. I don't care for FPS games so unless there's more to it than the typical FPS, I'm not sold.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #32
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Yeah I know and that's not enough for a purchase. I don't care for FPS games so unless there's more to it than the typical FPS, I'm not sold.
To me it sounds like an open world FPS with some kind of progression mechanic to it to keep it fresh. It would be great if there were a few RPG elements thrown in to the progression and customization of your character.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »