Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
CMH
Making you famous
 
CMH's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 27,193
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
To me it sounds like an open world FPS with some kind of progression mechanic to it to keep it fresh. It would be great if there were a few RPG elements thrown in to the progression and customization of your character.
The latter part would raise my interest. If, however, it's just a open world FPS, I will pass.


Sent from my mobile device.
__________________
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
CMH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame
 
Money99's Arena
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kingsville, ONT
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
The latter part would raise my interest. If, however, it's just a open world FPS, I will pass.


Sent from my mobile device.
I agree. First, it's hard for me to play FPS's anymore without getting a headache. I prefer the over the shoulder view ala Gears of War or Dead Space.

Secondly, if I'm going to upgrade to next-gen, these systems and developers better give us more than just bigger boards and flashier graphics.

When information was first trickling out for Red Dead Redemption it was alluded to that the NPC's would have their own lives and personalities.
You could watch the Blacksmith work all day and then return home to his wife and kids.
If you killed him, one of his kids may return to exact revenge. And the town would have to scramble for a new blacksmith. It also meant weapons or items the blacksmith produced would no longer be available from that town.
It appears Rockstar's ambitiousness was more than what current-gen consoles could swallow.
But that's precisely what I'm looking for in these new consoles.
I've grown tired of hearing game developers claim that they've maxed out what they can do on these current consoles.
So if these new boxes give them limitless retraints, and the only thing holding them back is their imagination, I want to see it in their games and I don't want the same wash-rinse-repeat formula (especially for FPS's) that we've seen for the past 10+ years.

This game intrigues me, but unless I see a truly dynamic world where every decision has a massive ripple effect, I'll likely pass and I'll stick with my 360 and PS3 for another few years.
Money99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #35
CMH
Making you famous
 
CMH's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 27,193
Blog Entries: 1
That's what I say about next gen to those complaining that the graphics upgrade isn't impressive enough.

Screw graphics. Games are gonna look pretty. Next gen is important for the developers with great visions and the means to turn those visions into reality.

Destiny is being talked up like one of those games. I expect that most information is being kept under wraps for now. I hope.


Sent from my mobile device.
__________________
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
CMH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Nov 2012
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree. First, it's hard for me to play FPS's anymore without getting a headache. I prefer the over the shoulder view ala Gears of War or Dead Space.

Secondly, if I'm going to upgrade to next-gen, these systems and developers better give us more than just bigger boards and flashier graphics.

When information was first trickling out for Red Dead Redemption it was alluded to that the NPC's would have their own lives and personalities.
You could watch the Blacksmith work all day and then return home to his wife and kids.
If you killed him, one of his kids may return to exact revenge. And the town would have to scramble for a new blacksmith. It also meant weapons or items the blacksmith produced would no longer be available from that town.
It appears Rockstar's ambitiousness was more than what current-gen consoles could swallow.
But that's precisely what I'm looking for in these new consoles.
I've grown tired of hearing game developers claim that they've maxed out what they can do on these current consoles.
So if these new boxes give them limitless retraints, and the only thing holding them back is their imagination, I want to see it in their games and I don't want the same wash-rinse-repeat formula (especially for FPS's) that we've seen for the past 10+ years.

This game intrigues me, but unless I see a truly dynamic world where every decision has a massive ripple effect, I'll likely pass and I'll stick with my 360 and PS3 for another few years.
Rockstar said they're going to do that npc lives their life thing with GTA V.microsoft and sony have said that this gen has so much more potential, its sad to see it being used this late in its lifetime.
__________________
i tried not touching anything when i was younger and ended up pissing all over myself.
killerx2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #37
Rookie
 
TomZeWolf's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wolverhampton, England
Re: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
That's what I say about next gen to those complaining that the graphics upgrade isn't impressive enough.

Screw graphics. Games are gonna look pretty. Next gen is important for the developers with great visions and the means to turn those visions into reality.

Destiny is being talked up like one of those games. I expect that most information is being kept under wraps for now. I hope.


Sent from my mobile device.
Well we know next to nothing about the game at the moment, of course info is under wraps haha.
__________________
NFL - Giants]
MLB - Cardinals
TomZeWolf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #38
Bang-bang! Down-down!
 
Flawless's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 16,781
Re: Destiny

Quote:
Originally screened as part of Bungie's GDC 2013 presentation, this video provides a rare glimpse into the character art, development, and design of Destiny -- from early sketches and concept art, to animation and in-engine 3D character models.


...


Bungie showed tons of concept art during the panel. They explored fantasy, but still loved sci-fi, so they decided to marry the two.


Some of what they showed:

Spoiler


Races concept art:

Spoiler


Some rare cloaks and guns:

Spoiler


...

You can watch the whole panel on Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamesp...world-20130328

...
__________________
Go Noles!!! >>----->

Last edited by Flawless; 03-28-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Flawless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame
 
Money99's Arena
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kingsville, ONT
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerx2
Rockstar said they're going to do that npc lives their life thing with GTA V.microsoft and sony have said that this gen has so much more potential, its sad to see it being used this late in its lifetime.
That's really cool if that's the case with GTA V.
And I agree, it's sad that companies like MS and Sony still feel their current hardware isn't being used to it's full potential.

I may have this wrong, but I thought I had remembered when the PS3 and 360 were announced, a developer had said that they hadn't come close to cracking the power of the PS2 yet and now they have to work on next-gen.

Hearing the scope of games like Destiny and Watch Dogs has me excited for the PS4/720.
This is the kind of ambitious development is what I've been waiting for. Hopefully we get it this generation.
Because, like CMH said, graphics are no longer the end-all, be-all.
We want depth, not just pretty visuals.
Money99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #40
Bang-bang! Down-down!
 
Flawless's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 16,781
Re: Destiny

Gameplay reveal during Sony's E3 press conference

Quote:
Bungie will provide the "worldwide gameplay reveal" for its new shooter Destiny during Sony's 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo media briefing on June 10, the developer said today.
Jon Favreau Directs Live Action Promo for Videogame ‘Destiny’

Quote:
To promote their ambitious new videogame “Destiny,” Activision and Bungie (which created “Halo”), have produced a live action commercial, directed by Jon Favreau, that prominently features Giancarlo Esposito.

The 60-second spot, produced by ad shop 72andSunny, with visual effects handled by Digital Domain, revolves around the mythology of the game’s futuristic world in which players take the role of a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth.
__________________
Go Noles!!! >>----->
Flawless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Top -