Home

War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title

This is a discussion on War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #25
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: War Thunder - PC - PS4 Launch Title

I grabbed this yesterday and I'm pretty overwhelmed right now, it seems like the current 1000 or so player have been playing awhile. The only thing I've been able to do is kill ground targets.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #26
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRblue1027
I grabbed this yesterday and I'm pretty overwhelmed right now, it seems like the current 1000 or so player have been playing awhile. The only thing I've been able to do is kill ground targets.
You keep playing, you will improve. I felt the same way you did.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #27
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

So how you play with friends? Seems like it be fun with OSers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #28
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
At least when you first start playing you will be put on beginner levels with your beginner planes. The enemies may be seasoned flyers, but their planes can only be so good. Once you get better planes, you move on to harder battle fields.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #29
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
A few things to always remember.

1) Dont kill off your energy. This means avoid hard turns, steep climbs (for the most part, they can help in a specific case). The more energy you bleed, the harder it is for you to out maneuver the plane tailing you.

2) Altitude is your friend. This correlates with energy since when you're diving on someone, you have more speed to climb back out and over the enemy. This tactic is called "boom and zoom". Altitude will allow you to pick your target, one that you know you can take out easily without putting yourself into a hornet's nest. You'll notice out of the starting area, alot of people still hang out on the deck instead of getting altitude to disengage. This means they're prime for a quick dive as they're more than likely not at optimal speeds. Some aircraft will have upgraded/stronger engines so there's that variable

3) Dont unload your entire plane of ammunition onto an enemy. A few peps will go a long way in you're not wasting rounds falling either long or short of your target. Along with this, you can/should alter your zeroing of your guns as some people prefer to be closer or further from the target.

4) Use the sun to your advantage. A guy wont be able to face the sun and pick you out during a head-on exchange while you have the sun to your back, you have no problem seeing him. Same can be used for climbs to get away from someone.

5) Practice. There are a few simulator forums/websites that have either videos or gif's showing how to perform certain maneuvers.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by av7

1) Dont kill off your energy. This means avoid hard turns, steep climbs (for the most part, they can help in a specific case). The more energy you bleed, the harder it is for you to out maneuver the plane tailing you.

2) Altitude is your friend. This correlates with energy since when you're diving on someone, you have more speed to climb back out and over the enemy. This tactic is called "boom and zoom". Altitude will allow you to pick your target, one that you know you can take out easily without putting yourself into a hornet's nest. You'll notice out of the starting area, alot of people still hang out on the deck instead of getting altitude to disengage. This means they're prime for a quick dive as they're more than likely not at optimal speeds. Some aircraft will have upgraded/stronger engines so there's that variable

3) Dont unload your entire plane of ammunition onto an enemy. A few peps will go a long way in you're not wasting rounds falling either long or short of your target. Along with this, you can/should alter your zeroing of your guns as some people prefer to be closer or further from the target.

4) Use the sun to your advantage. A guy wont be able to face the sun and pick you out during a head-on exchange while you have the sun to your back, you have no problem seeing him. Same can be used for climbs to get away from someone.

5) Practice. There are a few simulator forums/websites that have either videos or gif's showing how to perform certain maneuvers.
I grew up playing a lot of IL-2 1942 on the PC with flight stick, head tracking, and rudders. You pretty much nailed what most don't understand about flight combat sims. Now with exceptions certain planes are not designed for these practices. A good example of this would be the nimble zero. terrible dive speed due to wings literally sherring off so you want to bait enemy into a turn contest because that is where the strengths lie for the Zero. Where the Hell cat is a heavy beast of a plane and its entire strengths lie in the boom in zoom. Get high, dive on enemy, hit and get away, do a big circle tracking your prey and repeat.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #31
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by av7

This was a very good tip. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
So how you play with friends? Seems like it be fun with OSers.

I normally don't play online so my expertise is rather on the dumb side when it comes to online gaming. However, if someone wants to take command? Attached is a pic I took regarding how to initiate playing with friends? Maybe someone wants to take the lead in setting it up? Like I said, this game is so addictive, it's all I've been playing lately. Never enjoyed online so much now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg war_thunder_invites.jpg (277.6 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by Picci; 02-12-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 01:06 AM   #32
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

I have earned decals but can't figure out how to get them on a plane. It says to do it at the hangar, but I cannot figure out how. Any tips? PS4, btw.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »