Home

UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End

This is a discussion on UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #49
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
re: UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End

THE LAST OF US' DIRECTORS ARE OFFICIALLY HEADING UP UNCHARTED 4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...up-uncharted-4

Quote:
When Amy Hennig - the creator and writer of the Uncharted series - left Sony-owned developer Naughty Dog, the future of the franchise was left in question. Who would take control of the newly-announced Uncharted game for PlayStation 4? Now, thanks to an interview in Game Informer, we have an answer.

When asked by Game Informer if Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley - the game industry veterans who rose to prominence with The Last of Us - would help the project in transition, Naughty Dog Co-President Evan Wells stated that, “It's not so much of a transition period, actually. We've asked them to lead the project.”

Under Naughty Dog's loose two-team structure, Druckmann and Straley worked on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves before moving on to The Last of Us, while another team - headed up by Hennig and recently departed director Justin Richmond -- toiled away on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. So both men have plenty of experience with the Uncharted series.

Hennig and Richmond aren't the only high profile departures to happen in the last few months at Naughty Dog. The studio also lost its long-time lead character artist. Naughty Dog also opted to recast the villain in Uncharted 4. Hennig has since landed at Visceral Games and will be penning an upcoming Star Wars game. Sony told IGN that Hennig's departure - as well as others - is all part of the course of business.

PlayStation 4's Uncharted game - which hasn't officially been christened Uncharted 4 as of yet - is a likely candidate to be shown at Sony's E3 press conference, which is one week from today. Hopefully, we'll have more information on it soon.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

If this means that Uncharted will become more dark and sinister, then I am all for it.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm not really interested in any more Nathan Drake.

His character and the weapon characteristics in Uncharted were a major turn off for me and the reason I haven't finished any of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 05:59 AM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
If this means that Uncharted will become more dark and sinister, then I am all for it.
I don't want Uncharted to get dark and sinister. I like the feel of the game. What I loved about the Last of Us was the upgrade tree, having to conserve ammo, a much more realistic health system where you didn't just regenerate health and most importantly different ways to attack situations. In a very linear game the path gets repetitive but TLOU was great in how you could use different tactics. Uncharted became too stiff and stale and the story was weak in 3.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:24 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't want Uncharted to get dark and sinister. I like the feel of the game. What I loved about the Last of Us was the upgrade tree, having to conserve ammo, a much more realistic health system where you didn't just regenerate health and most importantly different ways to attack situations. In a very linear game the path gets repetitive but TLOU was great in how you could use different tactics. Uncharted became too stiff and stale and the story was weak in 3.
Lack of auto health regeneration would be a welcome addition for sure.

I am just happy that the game is in good hands.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #54
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
No matter what feel they choose to go for, Drake and Sully better be in it. There isn't an Uncharted without them.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
No matter what feel they choose to go for, Drake and Sully better be in it. There isn't an Uncharted without them.

Drake has been confirmed.

Here is the link...

http://gamerant.com/uncharted-4-nath...eil-druckmann/

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 06-03-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
How is that possible when the actors quit...
Actors quit?

First I heard of that.

Amy Hennig quit, or was let go, or forced out. Whatever the case, she is gone. Lol

EDIT: The guy who was supposed to play the bad guy quit.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 06-03-2014 at 01:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »