Home

No Man's Sky

This is a discussion on No Man's Sky within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #401
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: No Man's Sky

This is interesting!

User Actions
Follow

Jordan Hall
‏@DivineOmega
It's rumoured that @NoMansSkyGame is either delayed or being released early during Sony's E3 conference. #NoMansSky #Sony #E3
2:16 PM - 26 May 2016

Sorry, I don't know how to embed twitter posts. Now rumors it could be released EARLY!

I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt though.

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-26-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #402
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

The plot thickens, lol

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #403
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
The plot thickens, lol
It would make some sort of sense in a round about way. The fact that Sean Murray or Sony hasn't confirmed a delay might give this rumor some merit.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #404
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Not pertaining to the delay at all, I have a question about the planets.

As it seems (and as would be true around the universe), there is no planet that is anything like ours. I'm not just talking green grass and blue skies, I'm talking civilization: roads, buildings, ground transportation, and populated areas, etc.

I'm not saying that this is something that's requested of them, but I'm wondering if we will find any diamond-in-the-rough planets like this, or if the majority are simply "weird" for the sake of being weird.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather explore into the fantastical myself, but these planets also are as I'd envision other planets to be. I wonder if there will be any that have a unique semblance of civilization. I know there are buildings here and there, but definitely few and far between, it seems.

------------------------------------------------------------------

On another topic entirely, I've gotten much more hyped up for this game after thinking about how we will post as a community. You see, the majority of games have us explaining the same thing over and over. Whether it's GTA, Uncharted, or whatever... we are all on "this" mission or "this" chapter. Now we are going to be describing experiences that is more than likely unique to ourselves. We can explain it, and without a single shred of evidence in picture or video form, we can probably all believe it! This all depends on how ambitiously this title has been developed, but this can open up to the craziest stories every hour of the first couple months of release, if not significantly longer. And this isn't even talking about how we chose to customize our exploration strategies like vehicles, weapons, etc.

Furthermore, I can't wait until a few of us even try to explain where we are at in the universe. It would almost be more exciting being able to run into each other in the game than it would be to run into each other in real life. What a vast, expansive universe this is... and yet we may never actually have any encounters with other human players even once the entire time! It's so crazy to think about that, and even seemingly crazier to think about how we will feel when we first find somebody.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #405
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It would make some sort of sense in a round about way. The fact that Sean Murray or Sony hasn't confirmed a delay might give this rumor some merit.
Man oh man, I hope so. It would bring me off the edge lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #406
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Waiting for an official response is killing me

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #407
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Not pertaining to the delay at all, I have a question about the planets.

As it seems (and as would be true around the universe), there is no planet that is anything like ours. I'm not just talking green grass and blue skies, I'm talking civilization: roads, buildings, ground transportation, and populated areas, etc.

I'm not saying that this is something that's requested of them, but I'm wondering if we will find any diamond-in-the-rough planets like this, or if the majority are simply "weird" for the sake of being weird.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather explore into the fantastical myself, but these planets also are as I'd envision other planets to be. I wonder if there will be any that have a unique semblance of civilization. I know there are buildings here and there, but definitely few and far between, it seems.

------------------------------------------------------------------

On another topic entirely, I've gotten much more hyped up for this game after thinking about how we will post as a community. You see, the majority of games have us explaining the same thing over and over. Whether it's GTA, Uncharted, or whatever... we are all on "this" mission or "this" chapter. Now we are going to be describing experiences that is more than likely unique to ourselves. We can explain it, and without a single shred of evidence in picture or video form, we can probably all believe it! This all depends on how ambitiously this title has been developed, but this can open up to the craziest stories every hour of the first couple months of release, if not significantly longer. And this isn't even talking about how we chose to customize our exploration strategies like vehicles, weapons, etc.

Furthermore, I can't wait until a few of us even try to explain where we are at in the universe. It would almost be more exciting being able to run into each other in the game than it would be to run into each other in real life. What a vast, expansive universe this is... and yet we may never actually have any encounters with other human players even once the entire time! It's so crazy to think about that, and even seemingly crazier to think about how we will feel when we first find somebody.
Depending how great this game is (please be amazing!!) this could make for incredible streaming and basically forging your own destiny and story.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #408
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

For what it's worth, Best Buy still has June 21 as the release date

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »