Home

H1Z1 (Sony Online Entertainment)

This is a discussion on H1Z1 (Sony Online Entertainment) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2015, 07:18 PM   #65
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: H1Z1 (Sony Online Entertainment)

Just finished installing. Not working for anyone just yet. If anybody is going to be on later my steam id is thegut
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2015, 01:07 AM   #66
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

So I'm reading on Reddit that this game is basically pay 2 win. Guy paid for airdrops and received guns, ammo, and other items for survivability.

Big mistake by the devs. Completely negates the purpose of the game.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 AM   #67

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Good thing it's Alpha and they will change it.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM   #68
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Good thing it's Alpha and they will change it.
Yep. Dev basically said last night they'd be making big changes to air drops. My guess is they had it like that for testing so they didn't have to scavenge for guns when messing around in the office and just forgot to change it.

Got in for a little bit last night. Found another survivor. Ran up to him and he started punching me in the face. Another guy came along and tried to break up the fight. I yelled "Get him off me!" and the passerby did...

Here's the video. Sorry for the extra voices in background. I was in a teamspeak with some others at the time and it recorded them.

He saved me but i died from my injuries about 30 seconds later.

That's H1Z1 for ya.

Twitch Stream
Old 01-17-2015, 08:21 PM   #69

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

So here's a cursory list of recipes that I've discovered. I know I'm missing some, but I'll keep it in spoilers because it's starting to get a bit long.

Spoiler

I'll update this post as I find more stuff, but that probably won't be for a while. I think I'm going to make another character on the same server (Festering, for those of you that want to play together. It's only "rule" is that it's a PvP server.) I'll use that second character just to see if I can hop from town to town to scavenge supplies for my "main" character.

I already have a Basic Shack (with a locked door) set up kind of out in nowhere-land (only a few people have run by it) with water and Blackberries around, so if you want to try to hop in and start our own little shack town I'm cool with that too.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 0

So I'm convinced that I'll be playing this game just as much as DayZ for the next few months... I was worried about the P2W complaints that were going around, but after stealing four different airdrops from people I'm not worried about it at all. Let other people spend their money so people like me can come up and take their prizes.

Also found a pretty decent looking base that was built around a well, stole 20 pieces of rabbit meat and 5 water bottles, all without being caught.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #71
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10

I have watched Twitch on this game and not sure what the objective is, I have seen folks collecting items and crafting, while others are just bent on fighting and killing humans. The Zombies do not seem numerous or aggressive. At the end of the day what are the players trying to achieve?

Another note, looks like a lot of running around in open space without any interaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openroad_7
I have watched Twitch on this game and not sure what the objective is, I have seen folks collecting items and crafting, while others are just bent on fighting and killing humans. The Zombies do not seem numerous or aggressive. At the end of the day what are the players trying to achieve?

Another note, looks like a lot of running around in open space without any interaction.
The objective is to stay alive as long as possible. Crafting is essential in that, as well as killing other players who could be a threat.

Zombies aren't a threat when other people already clear them out of a town, but they do respawn and sometimes depending on where you are at on the map, it could be similar to a horde.

Also, there are mini quests that SOE has implemented in the game, some zombies that get killed will drop loot, that loot could be a key with a riddle that could lead you to a chest that only that key can open for some rare loot.

Much like DayZ, there isn't really an end game, not yet. The main objective, to me at least, is to play this game how you want, all in the sake of staying alive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »