Home

Metro Redux

This is a discussion on Metro Redux within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:12 AM   #41
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Metro Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Can you set the language to Russian with English subtitles?
Yes...that's the way I play it but the only problem is that the subtitles are only for the main characters. So the people around you are not subtitled and you miss out on some side conversation.

I had to lower the gamma all the way down to get that dark tunnel look again. I don't like how everything looked too bright in redux.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #42
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I played a good bit tonight, maybe 2 or 3 hours with my headphones on. Very nice game, a lot of fun. I am playing normal/survival and it hasn't been too bad - I have had enough supplies to get by.

I am stuck though, at a point where I keep dying.

I am at
Spoiler
Spoiler

Speaking of getting stuck, holy ****, did I get absolutely mind-****ed last night in chapters 3 and 4.

I had to google an IGN Walkthrough to get past them. Rant to follow.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #43
MVP

Still enamored with this game. But I guess not being used to this game style is making me feel like the stupidest video-gamer in the world.

In Uncharted and TLOU, follow the shiny golden buildings. In The Walking Dead, solve the puzzle clearly laid out before you. In Ubisoft games, the marker on your HUD is a good indication as to how to finish your mission. But holy crap Deep Silver, could you possibly make the necessary objectives less hard to find? Give me a glowing icon or something! Especially if my way out is tucked behind a corner or my objective piece is tucked on a hard to find pillar when it's pitch black and monsters are on my tail.

Cursed:

Spoiler

Ok, lesson learned. This game demands you really pay attention to your surroundings. I can dig that. I love exploring in games. Deep Silver 1, H&V 0. I can respect that.

Now onto Frontline:

Spoiler

I've learned some pretty steep lessons with this game. It is absolutely crucial that you keep your eyes open and be observant of EVERYTHING, no matter how trivial your surroundings may appear. This has to be one of the first games I've ever played that treats its players as intelligent, never showing its hand or belittling you, trusting YOU will eventually figure a way out (kind of like how MGS/Kojima does).

I just wish I was smarter.

I learned some things about this game last night that weren't clear on its surface. Hopefully that knowledge will stay with me and get me through without needing the help of Google or IGN walkthrough guides!

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 08-28-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #44
MVP

So I'm at about the halfway point in 2033 and gotta say I think this has become my favorite FPS series of all-time.

The atmosphere and level design is glorious, and the story on top of it is really really great. Aside from some extremely suspect voice acting (I REALLY wish I could play it in Russian without the fear of missing out on some of the story), this game has delivered exactly the kind of experience I had hoped.

Using what I had learned the hard way yesterday about being observant, I gracefully completed the second half of Frontlines by sneaking around and finding a non-combative way to complete the objective. Nothing feels more gratifying as a gamer than planning out a course if action and watching it to fruition.

I say this is a must buy if you like games with a good tense atmosphere.

It's kind of amazing how a small Ukrainian studio could make something of this caliber.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #45
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks for the 'review' on this game Heroesandvillains.. game sounds awesome. I'll definitely be picking this up soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #46
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Guys, I cannot figure out how to change the weapons you throw. I have picked up knives, Molotov cocktails and grenades but I have no idea how to select which weapon I will actually throw. I have about killed myself 2X because of this and I have never thrown a knife. Looked in the controller options and didn't see anything. A little help, please?

Thanks!
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #47
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Guys, I cannot figure out how to change the weapons you throw. I have picked up knives, Molotov cocktails and grenades but I have no idea how to select which weapon I will actually throw. I have about killed myself 2X because of this and I have never thrown a knife. Looked in the controller options and didn't see anything. A little help, please?

Thanks!
Hold down triangle and select the weapon you want to use with the d-pad. You throw it with the right bumper.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 PM   #48
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Still enamored with this game. But I guess not being used to this game style is making me feel like the stupidest video-gamer in the world.

In Uncharted and TLOU, follow the shiny golden buildings. In The Walking Dead, solve the puzzle clearly laid out before you. In Ubisoft games, the marker on your HUD is a good indication as to how to finish your mission. But holy crap Deep Silver, could you possibly make the necessary objectives less hard to find? Give me a glowing icon or something! Especially if my way out is tucked behind a corner or my objective piece is tucked on a hard to find pillar when it's pitch black and monsters are on my tail.
I was wandering outside lost for a good 15-20 minutes a little while ago lol. I felt a bit foolish once I finally figured out where the exit was considering that I had passed it so many times.

I'm digging this game a lot. I had to turn on the subtitles because I don't want to miss anything with some of the accents. Solid game for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »