Home

Wasteland 2

This is a discussion on Wasteland 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #25
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Wasteland 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
Big month for RPG fans. (especially if you haven't played these first 2 yet)

Enhanced editions of Wasteland 2 & Original Sin...

Plus Age of Decadence finally gets a full release !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JSV1ei6OjY
Even though I also have Original Sin on PC I think I'm grabbing it for PS4 also.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 12:45 AM   #26
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

I totally forgot the console release on this. Even though I'm still playing the witcher and FO4 comes soon I went ahead and used some BB credit on this. I usually play two or three games of different genres concurrently and this should fit into my rotation somewhere.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

This game looks really cool.

Years ago, I had a buddy who had the original for his PC and thought the game was really interesting.

I also like the turn-based combat similar to X-Com's.

I might have to pick this up for the PS4.

Question for those who have it, will it be overwhelming for those who never even played the first one?
Old 12-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #28
MVP

jonpt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This game looks really cool.

Years ago, I had a buddy who had the original for his PC and thought the game was really interesting.

I also like the turn-based combat similar to X-Com's.

I might have to pick this up for the PS4.

Question for those who have it, will it be overwhelming for those who never even played the first one?
Just got this for XBOX1 couple weeks ago cause I loved X-Com (played thru the last one multiple times and on ironman). It's kind of a mix of fallout story and X-Com gameplay imo. I am having some tough encounters right away tho. This game doesn't hold your hand like other games but the story seems really good and has alot of depth to it so far. Had to go down from default difficulty to Rookie. Figure I will go back up when I get more battle experience. So in short I would say much more story than X-Com and Battles are tougher for me.

If you do get it, make sure you talk to everyone in the first area(Ranger Citadel). I didn't and left out into the wastelands with a party of 4. Found out later it could of been a party of 5 if I would had talked to everyone (specifically one person) before I left. Made combat much tougher in the beginning. Like I said, game doesn't hold your hand.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NBA: Memphis Grizzlies
Old 12-30-2015, 09:37 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I started this last night, talk about AWESOME!!!! I started as a party of 5 but unfortunately I lost a party member early on after getting jumped by a group of 4 giant rabbits.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I started this last night, talk about AWESOME!!!! I started as a party of 5 but unfortunately I lost a party member early on after getting jumped by a group of 4 giant rabbits.
The game is sweet. I would have loved to have an ironman mode for this like on X-Com, but I am pretty certain there is no way to make it through without re-loading. So many twists and turns and some really tough encounters.

My first play through I left the citadel with a party of 4 and it was almost impossible. There are some nasty things at the AG center.

I had the original for the commodore 64 way back in the day, my buddy and I solved it over summer vacation. It literally took all summer, we'd play baseball until dark and then play wasteland until 3am. Wasteland 2 is hard, the original wasteland was bordering on insanity because you could only save the game at random times and you could get utterly screwed. It was like an ironman to some extent. Still ranks as my best video game experience ever. This was before the internet so there was no way to get spoilers or walkthroughs or anything like that so finally defeating that game so satisfying.

25 years later Wasteland 2 comes out and it didn't disappoint although there was never the same sense of urgency because you can save and reload at any time. But it was still awesome.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:34 PM   #31
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm glad a few more have got around to playing this. I enjoyed it for a few weeks at release till The Witcher and eventually FO4 distracted me from it. I will be going back to it though for sure. It's pretty much exactly what I was hopping for it to be.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #32
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

So I picked this up a few days ago on ps4. Seems like a really good game but my guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. 80% of my attacks miss even when I have 80% chance to hit. Is this normal starting out?

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »