Home

Horizon: Zero Dawn

This is a discussion on Horizon: Zero Dawn within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
What Was the Best Sports Gaming Year Ever? (Roundtable)
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football Interview
Operation Sports Is Seeking Multiple New Freelance Writers!

Old 12-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #1033
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn

They're all fun and each offers something different to utilize. Experimenting with them is fun and discovering various strategies for each is what drove the gameplay and exploration for myself.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #1034
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

This is a game I can't wait to replay, one day soon. So fun, beautiful, and it had an amazing story. Still haven't touched The Frozen Wilds.
#WeAreND
#LakeShow
Old 12-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #1035
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

I played it a few times and upgraded everything. I liked pretty much everything about the game..... except the crafting upgrades that required animal skins. I really didn't like that. I felt like a serial murderer killing crazy amounts of animals and not taking anything from them. (I don't know if it's been patched, but some animal skins took forever to find)
Old 12-07-2018, 04:59 AM   #1036
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
This is a game I can't wait to replay, one day soon. So fun, beautiful, and it had an amazing story. Still haven't touched The Frozen Wilds.
Frozen wilds is amazing may be even better than main game it is that good. I still need to do a second play threw and do side missions. I beat the story and frozen wilds but did like no side missions. I also do just like story and like no side missions on my first play threw on games and than go back and beat it again doing side missions if it is a game I like a lot and this is my favorite excusive on ps4 cant wait for a sequel and I think we will get one around launch of ps5.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #1037
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I grabbed this game about 5 or 6 months ago on sale. I've tried a few times to get into it, but I just couldn't. I'd get to the part where you get the tripcastor (or whatever its called) and I just lose interest. I also had other games coming out that I was more interested in. My current save is right after The Proving. I'm gonna start a new game and see where it gets me. I'm wrapping up RDR2 and Spiderman, so I need a good single player game to get me to Resident Evil 2 in Janurary.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #1038
Rookie

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Still running through RDR2, which will take me a while at the pace I've been playing it. Seeing this thread pop up again though...makes me want to play Horizon again lol. My favorite game in a long, long time. Gameplay, story, graphics, atmosphere...this game has it all for me. Such an awesome world to explore. As mentioned, the DLC was awesome as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving RDR2. But there's just something about Horizon, such an amazing game. I will eventually play through it again, and try to get 100% (which I've never done in a game).

I told my wife our next dog would be a female named Aloy, she wasn't buying that though lol.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #1039
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I was in the exact same boat as you. I didnít realize how RPG heavy the game was. I was expecting it to be more like Uncharted but itís not. They throw all these weapons out there, collecting and things I felt over whelmed. Furthermore itís not really a shooter. Itís more stealth based and difficult. I quit after 10 hours.

But I gave it another chance a year later and ended up really enjoying it. Donít worry so much about the weapons. You can get by with just using your bow and the tripcaster. Other weapons can be ok but not necessary. The story is good but also long. I played on Easy the second time and that also helped.
I'd also recommend playing on Easy so you can experience the story (which is really good). You won't have to worry quite as much about crafting/collecting items on this setting.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (XB1)
Lego DC Super Villains (Switch)
Octopath Traveler (Switch)
Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #1040
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Frozen wilds is amazing may be even better than main game it is that good. I still need to do a second play threw and do side missions. I beat the story and frozen wilds but did like no side missions. I also do just like story and like no side missions on my first play threw on games and than go back and beat it again doing side missions if it is a game I like a lot and this is my favorite excusive on ps4 cant wait for a sequel and I think we will get one around launch of ps5.

Yeah, this is definitely my favorite PS4 exclusive. Probably in my top 5 games of all time, actually. Can't wait for the sequel, either. I'm thinking/hoping that it will be a launch title for PS5. That would be huge for them.
#WeAreND
#LakeShow

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »