Home

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

This is a discussion on Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #33
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PS4/XBox1/PC)

Since this game is based so much on its past history, I guess its time for a history lesson before this releases. We're under The Bohemian Czech Republic 1403, under The Province of the Roman Empire at that time. Was looking for more information but couldn't find anything with the exception of wiki unfortunately. I also put in the time frame just before the Hussite Rule which shows who was in-power about 50-100 years earlier which was kind of considered, "a golden age."

Are there any history major thinking of getting the game and knows the Bohemian Period, can we pick your brain?

Spoiler
Old 02-13-2018, 02:58 AM   #34
MVP

Picci's Arena

As I thought, no early reviews yet. But we did get a new launch trailer.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #35
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I watched a stream last night. It was extremely buggy.

That said, it was pre-patch and all of the bugs I saw should easily be fixed in a patch the size of the launch patch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #36
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #37
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't read any reviews yet, but I played two hours last night and really like it so far. With that said, I would think that this game is not for everyone.

My first scrape was a bare knuckles fist-fight (because I don't own anything else so far lol), and it is not a button masher. I won (it was not difficult as an introduction to brawling, plus I'm not that great of a player), but it took me 7 or 8 solid minutes to whittle my opponent down to the point where he yielded.

I have only encountered one bug so far, being that during some dialogue exchanges, the camera might pan around and put me inside the hollow head of your character.

Really loving how deep it is, and reminds me of Elder Scrolls games in that if you pick a bunch of herbs, you'll see a notice pop up that says that the associated skill just leveled up. The long fist fight I had early on leveled up my unarmed a couple of levels, and also another one (I think it was called "warfare").

The game so far is very story driven in the beginning with lots of dialogue choices and tons of cutscenes of storytelling and contextual info. I usually blast past that kind of stuff, but I've bought in to this character and game world, so I'm soaking it up like a sponge. The codex also has a lot of interesting reading on period daily life stuff.

After two hours (non-rushed), I made it through what was the introductory set up to the story, and although I didn't feel restricted before, I think this is the point where the world will really open up and I'll start going out (exploring) like I normally would in an open-world setting.

I'm ready for this work day to conclude so I can go back to Bohemia.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 02-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #38
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I've read some reviews and every review says the game has a beautiful world, one of the best stories in gaming, and a lot of great ideas.

The bugs are hurting the scores. Apparently there is another major patch coming in two weeks.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #39
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

If it wasnt 60 bucks it be a buy from me

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #40
MVP

Picci's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I've read some reviews and every review says the game has a beautiful world, one of the best stories in gaming, and a lot of great ideas.

The bugs are hurting the scores. Apparently there is another major patch coming in two weeks.

I agree with this. The game is a must buy when it gets ironed out a bit. It's the kind of game I want in the future where game play realism and story-telling is its strength.

I'm already in deep with other games. I have no doubt they'll clean it up, especially if its in 2 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »