Home

Civilization 6

This is a discussion on Civilization 6 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #57
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Civilization 6

Spending most of the first hundred turns fighting of barbs. Didn't read a ton about the game which is a surprise. Learning as I run through this first game.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 10-27-2016, 04:59 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I don't have any love lost for IGN but this is a really good review. Can't disagree with much of any of it. Totally agree with the game being the most "complete" launch Civ in the series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...tion-vi-review
Old 10-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #59
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I don't have any love lost for IGN but this is a really good review. Can't disagree with much of any of it. Totally agree with the game being the most "complete" launch Civ in the series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...tion-vi-review
I actually can't wait for an expansion pack now though because it's going to add a totally new aspect to the game. Civ V in its current state is very good but the vanilla launch version was barebones and lacked multiple features from Civ IV.

This is my game of the year so far, BF1 is really fun but Civ VI is incredible. This game reminds me of the Futurama Episiode where time just starts jumping forward. I started a new game at 10 pm last night, at 1130 I said 3 more turns. Went to bed at 130...
Old 10-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #60
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

I had an 7 hour marathon session the other night. Started at 8:00 pm and played until 3:00 am. Wake up at 5:30 for work. I was hating life. Literally did not get up during that entire 7 hour stretch to do anything.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I agree with you all. This game is great and I've been playing it as much as BF1 and anything else I have. Every change they made I pretty much love. Districts, housing, the way happiness works, the new trees, the way techs work, everything is great.

Me and a buddy are doing a marathon playthrough with no turn limit nor victory conditions. It was meant to just learn the game with, but it's been so fun we may just keep going and going.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #62
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I am on my second play through on Prince with a Giant world and epic speed; right now and I have a few more observations:

I went in with the idea that I want to be a economic powerhouse and it has worked, I have focused on gold and whenever I get into a war I simply levy my friendly city states armies and I use them to fight my battles for me. I found it behooved me to keep those armies modern with the times so I would also upgrade their units. This strategy seems to work.

its around 1600 right now and I just discovered flight so Technology seems to be ahead by around 300-400 years(Germans had it first). I am not focusing on science as I turned off that victory setting but I am still far ahead of most civs in science with Germany as the lone exception.

I was surprised to see some teamwork with the other leaders, I had 3 Civs declare war on me at the same time! only problem was that only 1 Civ was really fighting and the other 2 didn't really do anything. Fighting the AI is very easy though, 3 ranged units to every 1 fighting unit and its pretty easy to win a way.

I am off to my Bachelor party but im sure i will be jonesing to play this game all weekend. Right now I have 31000 gold at my disposal so Its time to build a army of my own and go take out Germany in a holy war.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:10 PM   #63
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Great post, Cusefan, and congratulations.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:29 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Sure enough, my first game ended with a Scythian religious victory. Just nothing I could do with how late I realized what was happening - with no religion of my own I couldn't begin to produce missionaries that were good enough at defending my cities. I had let my military dip a bit while I was building science and culture, and knew I probably couldn't take on the world if I declared a surprise war to defend my territory. So I just let it play out.

I saw something in this game I rarely saw at all in Civ 5, after using the tuner to reveal the whole map - the AI (the winning civ, actually) showed a willingness to colonize overseas. It settled a city on one island that was closer to the second continent which was shared by 3 other civs. So I'll be watching future games (well, after they end ) to see if it will try to colonize a "new world" type of continent.

Loved playing this game start to finish, and it definitely gave me some things to learn from. I got hit hard by amenities stalling growth throughout the game, and couldn't grow my empire quite as fast as I wanted to. Also there was the whole "not getting a religion" thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »