Home

Watch Dogs 2

This is a discussion on Watch Dogs 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #73
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Watch Dogs 2

After the first one I was just going to ignore this and leave it off my radar especially with Mafia 3 coming out.

Then I watched the E3 game play and immediately remembered why I was excited for the first game. It'll probably end up on a Christmas list, but I look forward to playing.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #74
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This game is up there with BF1, Titanfall 2, Scorpio news, and God of War as my favorite things from E3 this year so far

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Long ago I tried the first one and it didn't keep me around long. I got it for free on PC and there were still some issues with it at the time. After seeing Watch Dogs 2 was announced I have gone back and restarted with the first game. It's running smooth and I am hooked. The story is actually pretty good and I am in love with the gameplay. The driving is pretty bad, but it's still a good time. The way online is done is underrated and so fun.

I am definitely excited for this game liking everything I see with it for the most part. The driving still looks a little off to me. It still needs more physics I think. I also have a complaint with the AI at times, but that is just with these stealth type of games in general. I wish the patrols were done a little more realistically and weren't so obviously programmed to have holes in them that you can sneak through. I get why it is done, but I feel like a tougher, organic AI would be much more fun. I also wish that distractions and other things weren't so cheesy at times.

"Huh, what was that?"

Something AI in every game like this says. I just wish there'd be a huge breakthrough in AI and it would advance as fast as graphics do in games because I long for a game where the AI can see past 50 feet, out the corner of their eyes, can hear like an actual human, etc. etc.

Still, the game looks great and I am super excited.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 08:27 PM   #76
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Yea the first one wasn't stealth, it was dumbed down AI that allowed some semblance of stealth. I would prefer some dynamic about the game where if you use a certain kind of lure, the enemy starts to learn your tactics, not just in the moment but as the game progresses too. Then their can be skills and mods to unlock to switch things up and keep them on their toes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I just hate seeing a guy walk towards a wall, stop, look around, turn around and walk towards another wall, stop, look around, repeat. Just make these guys do things that actual people would be doing in the given scenario. AI just hasn't progressed to where it needs to be IMO. Like I said, I long for a huge AI breakthrough.

― Plato
Old 06-14-2016, 09:02 PM   #78
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Game looks like fun. I made the mistake with the first game by watching spoilers on youtube before playing it. Im not going to watch any more promotions for the game so it will be fresh when i get it.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #79
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I think they said something about making driving more "accessible". Not sure I like it, as I think it means more arcade and easier to control. we'll see...

I know open world games are not driving simulations (and I don't even play driving sims), but as long as the driving/physics/damage is not like Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row, I can accept it.

I liked the driving in the first one (minus the damage), actually had some fun with it. Maybe they should have gone back to Driver SF and take something from that game when it comes to driving/physics/damage.

* EDIT:

Oh yeah, just what I was afraid of:

Quote:
The driving, for example, felt markedly more arcadey--which is to say, simple, responsive, and fun...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wat.../1100-6440878/

Last edited by youvalss; 06-14-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #80
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Seeing Watch Dogs 2 game-play it got me hype for the game, yet another game that wasn't on my radar now is. I never played the first one, this makes me want to play it but I don't want to pay $30 for it (I only buy digital games now.) I'm surprise they didn't drop the price of the game after the announcement of WD2 maybe the digital version will go on sale during or shortly after E3.
Your wish has been granted,it's on sale on PSN for 11.99. I may snag it it that price again,I had the game on release with the season pass and for whatever reason got rid of the game.

I didn't finish the story,plus with the season pass there was even a bit more content. Almost forgot,I believe the full game with season pass is 17.99 as well (iirc).
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »