Home

Days Gone

This is a discussion on Days Gone within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:51 AM   #25
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Days Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I enjoyed the Last of Us, and it's one of my favourite games, but it was very scripted.
If I can piggy-back on JBH3's desires, I want a living, breathing, open, zombie world game.
Days Gone appears to deliver in that regard.

Very excited for this game.
I haven't played it, but Dying Light looks like a lot of fun.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I haven't played it, but Dying Light looks like a lot of fun.
It does. I would get it, but it's a first-person game and I get headaches from those these days. Bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
no MP is the best thing I have heard about this game yet.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It says very survival based but in the demo he had like 700 rounds of ammunition. I hope you don't keep a full stash of ammo the whole game. Ruins the survival aspect IMO
I hope it was due to it being a demo.
I'm really hoping that it has a lot of the same elements as State of Decay.
A true, open-world, zombie survival game is something I've been craving.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #27
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
"Strong narrative, no MP, dynamic weather, "huge" wildlife system, heavy survival mechanics."
http://twitter.com/shinobi602/status...470208/photo/1
So in for this game.

Sons of Anarchy survivors meet World War Z type infected! Add Sam Witwer (Starkiller, Darth Maul/Emperor in Rebels) voice casting for the main. Sounds like a winner.

They also said they are not 'zombies'/undead. They are very much alive. They are just infected. They have their own groups, needs, social patterns, etc.. You will discover how they act, what they need, etc..

Hence why you can kill them with a heartshot just like a headshot. More like 28Days/WWZ, but more intelligence with a social structure. There are other types beyond 'the hoard' as well, in which they will reveal later on. Infected juveniles are 'newts', they are very skittish, like to hide and sneak attack.

Each 'freaker' was it's own character on screen. No LOD tricks, like 2D turning to 3D renders. All were legit individual 3D models. Insane.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 06-15-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:48 PM   #28
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

How is no MP a good thing? I'd at least want co-op in. So a friend can join you in your campaign.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #29
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
How is no MP a good thing? I'd at least want co-op in. So a friend can join you in your campaign.
Possibly so they can suck you in, and focus on the immersion of a personal story. Co-op would just take out out of that more often than not, with the current real world distraction.

I would personally find it distracting, and hard to even follow an emotional driven story fully when I am playing co-op with someone. For other more action oriented games, like shooters as an example, I find it more enjoyable.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 06-15-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:58 PM   #30
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I wanted to ask the same question. It seems like I see a lot of anti-multiplayer posts on OS and it kind of confuses me.

TLOU is one of many games that proves you can have fully fleshed out single player and multiplayer co-exist on the same disc, definitely hard for me to consider no mp a good thing across the board. MP doesn't have to come at a cost to single player

DOOM single player kicked the crap out of its multiplayer but at least everyone got something

I feel any game with zombies has a chance to be awesome for co-op or competitive multiplayer

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 06-15-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I wanted to ask the same question. It seems like I see a lot of anti-multiplayer posts on OS and it kind of confuses me.

TLOU is one of many games that proves you can have fully fleshed out single player and multiplayer co-exist on the same disc, definitely hard for me to consider no mp a good thing across the board. MP doesn't have to come at a cost to single player

DOOM kicked the crap out of its multiplayer but at least everyone got something
The reason why I dislike MP is because when it's added to a game, then typically certain elements are removed – namely a good offline story.
I’ll use RB6:Siege as an example. I loved RB6:Vegas because of the great story and structure.
But with Siege, that’s thrown out. Why bother making a good offline storymode when you can just play with friends online? Just pick a map, wait for 10 other people to join and go at it.

And at times, AI is sacrificed because why program good opponent AI when you can just go online and face real people and get stomped by some 10YO who has an infinite amount of time to master a game in a day.

If a game is produced with SP in mind, then it seems like the game is more fleshed out; from voice acting, to depth… Look at Skyrim. I don’t think that game would be nearly as deep if it was an MMO.
Games that are MP only seem like shells in comparison because the producers are expecting real-people to fill in the blanks.

I could see a game like Days Gone doing well if you could play with 1, maybe 2 or 3 friends at a time. It’s unfortunate that won’t be the case.
But overall, I don’t think anyone can argue that SP games usually have a lot more polish to them.
I don’t think titles like The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, etc would have been as good if they were focused solely on multiplayer action.

So seeing that Days Gone is a SP only game is music to my ears because the programmers would have to work a lot harder to bring a truly enjoyable experience to the customer instead of relying on My_Mom_Says_I’M_Hot_69 to do it for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #32
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
because why program good opponent AI when you can just go online and face real people and get stomped by some 10YO who has an infinite amount of time to master a game in a day.
I know I'm just singling out one section of your solid reasoning but I wanted to point out that this is the main reason behind why some OSers (and some gamers in general) don't like MP.

I love MP and would never buy a game that doesn't include it. In fact I know I've ventured to the other side.

I prefer MP to single player only games. Or at the very least, a game that offers both modes. I think most of the gaming industry has been sliding over to the MP side anyways, they know that's where the real money is generated.

But I recognize and respect the view of those of you that don't want none of it.

I agree with what Jare said completely, I'd say that's my general view on it as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »