Home

Modern Warfare II

This is a discussion on Modern Warfare II within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2022, 10:34 AM   #1
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Modern Warfare II

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is an upcoming first-person shooter game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. It is a direct sequel to the 2019 reboot, and will serve as the nineteenth installment in the overall Call of Duty series. It is scheduled to be released on October 28, 2022, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

BETA SCHEDULE

WEEK 1

PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE

SEP. 16 – 17

PLAYSTATION EARLY ACCESS

SEP. 18 – 20

OPEN TO ALL PLAYSTATION PLAYERS

WEEK 2

ALL PLATFORM BETA

SEP. 22 – 23

XBOX + BATTLE.NET + STEAM EARLY ACCESS; OPEN TO ALL PLAYSTATION PLAYERS

SEP. 24 – 26

OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 10:35 AM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Modern Warfare II

Unless I'm blind I couldn't find a thread...if there is one, please merge and I apologize!

Just wanted to chat about the Beta

Anyone else try it yet?

I put in around 4 hours last night, and I overall really enjoyed my time.

I think TTK is a little off, maps are a little big, and the movement/aiming is a bit slow...but I'm really enjoying it.

Those are three big items that need to be addressed, but with how receptive they are showing they want to be, I have very high hopes for October!

Old 09-18-2022, 08:02 AM   #3
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Unless I'm blind I couldn't find a thread...if there is one, please merge and I apologize!

Just wanted to chat about the Beta

Anyone else try it yet?

I put in around 4 hours last night, and I overall really enjoyed my time.

I think TTK is a little off, maps are a little big, and the movement/aiming is a bit slow...but I'm really enjoying it.

Those are three big items that need to be addressed, but with how receptive they are showing they want to be, I have very high hopes for October!

Nice to hear. I hope to find some time to play a bit today.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-21-2022, 03:51 PM   #4
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

I've quite enjoyed the beta. I had somewhat higher expectations because Modern Warfare ('19) was the first Call of Duty I had played since the original MWII or Black Ops (can't remember which was last). I've been let down by the Battlefield releases lately, which has left a hole in the shooter genre for me. Thankfully, MW was quite good, and it looks like MWII will continue that relay.

I realize hardcore COD fans will probably be annoyed by IW's attempts to slow the game down a tad. Personally, I find that refreshing, especially since Battlefield isn't really there to fill the hole. It also suits my own play style a bit better, but that's subjective preference, obviously. I can't necessarily hang reflexively with the younger kids anymore.

The changes to the gunsmith are nice. I like the idea of leveling a class of weapons rather than having to roll with a single gun for 50+ levels. It helps to keep things fresh and rotating, but I have to hope there will be some other incentive to keep using a gun after hitting the cap. Not sure if camos alone would be enough. That is unless the library of weapons is much larger.

I agree a couple of the maps are a little big for 6v6. I was watching the Next event and there were similar concerns with Ground War - unless they add a ton more people. I don't know if they'll really adjust this, though.

I don't think I have any major criticisms, other than the crashes I've experienced on PS5. Strangely because none of my friends seemed to have the same problems. Hopefully that doesn't extend into the final release.
Old 09-25-2022, 03:20 PM   #5
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Been enjoying the beta so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2022, 09:22 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

- Not showing up on the HUD for firing a weapon.
- Footstep noise. It slows down some of the Adderall kids.
- Perk system, hopefully preventing meta setups.

Dislike:

- UI kind of sucks.
- Valderas Museum. I just don't think this map is very good.
- I prefer traditional unlock systems opposed to having to go find a certain stock which leads to unlocking a specific receiver. On one hand it sounds neat but requiring some thought process with as little time as you get between rounds doesn't work well for me.

I haven't played COD much since the first Black Ops. I played it a decent amount but inevitably went back to Bad Company 2. I've been almost exclusively a Battlefield player but with 2042 being so bad and me being desperate for something I may end up getting this game. It would be nice to have a few more game modes and maps in the beta to make a decision.

The game plays slower than the MW 2019 game. I know some people are not going to like that but the cracked out Adderall kids are going to have to accept there's going to be some cons to playing like a maniac. I think it balances the scales some. You still need a quick reaction time but don't have to be in a constant tactical sprint. I don't have any opinions about the future of Warzone. I don't like Battle Royale games. I think the trend has hurt the traditional FPS experience a lot with everyone chasing what Fortnite achieved even though they should just stay in their own lane (looking at you DICE).

At it's heart this is still a typical COD game though. There's nothing revolutionary about the 6v6 mode but it's been so long for me that it's entertaining enough.

Last edited by AUChase; 09-26-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:56 PM   #7
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

I feel like they could adjust the TTK upward a tad. The second round of the beta felt slightly worse to me, but I don't know if that was because things changed or if it's all psychology on my end.

The Invasion mode has some promise. It was a nice change of pace from traditional 6v6 modes. I thought the one map was a little too big while the other seemed just right.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:35 PM   #8
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Really liking the direction they are going with this game. The only thing I’d still like to see is them removing the ability to jump, but I don’t see it happening so I’ll just have to get used to dealing with those idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »