Home

Call Of Duty WWII

This is a discussion on Call Of Duty WWII within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #113

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Call Of Duty WWII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Why not? If these "trolls" want to switch teams every round(as previous COD games go, teams switch sides every round) then let them. Even if a certain number of trolls wanted to only play as Nazi's, that is such an extreme minority in online gaming that it would not affect team balancing. The best players will always want to play on the best team, regardless of a swastika.

Im with Odogg, this is too much. Women did not fight in WWII and the swastika was a thing. I was excited for this game but I too thinks its a rental now.
I'm specifically talking about the custom emblems in the game, I would assume its still in the game.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:09 AM   #114
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Im a little disappointed that woman are in this game. Im a huge History buff about WW2 and yes I know one of the deadliest snipers in the war was a Soviet Sniper that was Female. I know that the Polish had females but Germany and USA didnt hardly have any females fighting.

Also I see Odoggs point, taking history out of a game because of paper feelings is pretty asinine. Will it stop me from playing, no. Am I somewhat dissapointed, yes.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 06-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I am still interested in this game and will rent it. But this concerns me and should concern all gamer's as a possibly dangerous precedent. It is a very, very slippery slope..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #116
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I am still interested in this game and will rent it. But this concerns me and should concern all gamer's as a possibly dangerous precedent. It is a very, very slippery slope..

Not really. Wolfenstein did the same thing to their games released in Germany and Austria. You just didn't hear about it since they don't have multiplayer and it's not Call of Duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 06-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Not really. Wolfenstein did the same thing to their games released in Germany and Austria. You just didn't hear about it since they don't have multiplayer and it's not Call of Duty.

I think you misunderstood. They didn't censor Wolfenstein games here, I know because I played them. Like I said, if they want to censor them for those countries fine, but don't make the rest of the world follow suit.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #118
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

When you're releasing a product to a global economy some compromises may be taken to keep costs low. Rather than having to implement multiple versions of the same game it would be more efficient to simply make the changes for everyone - especially when players around the world have the potential to connect to each other thanks to multiplayer.

I don't see the slippery slope or the precedent this is setting. Its a bunch of hoopla over something really insignificant.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #119
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Call Of Duty WWII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think you misunderstood. They didn't censor Wolfenstein games here, I know because I played them. Like I said, if they want to censor them for those countries fine, but don't make the rest of the world follow suit.

They didn't censor them in the US because it's a single player only game. I don't know anything about gaming development but in multiplayer I imagine it would be difficult to allow some countries to show the Nazi symbols while banning them for other countries all the while both of those countries players are interacting with each other at the same time. It's probably just easier to just not allow it.

NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

Last edited by dickey1331; 06-16-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
They didn't censor them in the US because it's a single player only game. I don't know anything about gaming development but in multiplayer I imagine it would be difficult to allow some countries to show the Nazi symbols while banning them for other countries all the while both of those countries players are interacting with each other at the same time. It's probably just easy to just not allow it.

I know, and my point is that type of censorship next may find it's way to the entire game, hence my slippery slope comment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »