Home

Old 04-23-2017, 08:27 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Call Of Duty WWII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I see it as COD following the BF series in going back in time versus continuing the modern/future warfare genre.

I think BF goofed a bit in going to WW1 so hopefully COD will have plenty of variety with WW2. More importantly, I hope the campaign is hours long and intense like the old PS1 days with Medal of Honor.
I keep seeing people saying this... CoD WWII was in pre-production 2 1/2 years ago. The main producer at Sledgehammer has been on record when AW was being made saying he was interested in WWII. CoD wasn't copying anyone, it just seems like that with the timing.

I haven't purchased a CoD since AW when I returned it a month after I purchased it. Been waiting for a new WWII game since WaW lost its player base. Cannot wait.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #26
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Finally no more futuristic! I did not mind the last one, but multiplayer became unplayable after awhile. Loved the campaign however.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #27
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
I keep seeing people saying this... CoD WWII was in pre-production 2 1/2 years ago. The main producer at Sledgehammer has been on record when AW was being made saying he was interested in WWII. CoD wasn't copying anyone, it just seems like that with the timing.
Good point, I forgot about the development cycle.

Regardless, the name of the game here is who did it first and then who does it best. Battlefield went back to the WW theme first but there's a lot to be desired. COD has a chance, if they do it right (which is a big IF in my mind) to steal a lot of the thunder they've lost to BF and other FPS games.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Good point, I forgot about the development cycle.

Regardless, the name of the game here is who did it first and then who does it best. Battlefield went back to the WW theme first but there's a lot to be desired. COD has a chance, if they do it right (which is a big IF in my mind) to steal a lot of the thunder they've lost to BF and other FPS games.
100% agree.

Although, the way I see it, the sales will already blow BF1 out of the water just based on hype because this game is the game that is supposed to bring the "community" back together to what it once was as well as bring back old fans like myself. It will really come down to how they deliver on release as well as on post-release improvements. I like BF1 a lot but I needed more. It just lost it's luster for me and I have been a fan of other battlefield games for years. I'm interested to see if EA DICE tries their hand back in WWII again (they're also in a development cycle between Battlefield and Battlefront so I would assume the next Battlefield is already in pre-production whatever it may be.)

Also curious for this release trailer as well. Infinite warfare had one of the most disliked trailers of all-time if not #1 correct? This one could very well be the most liked trailer; I would not be surprised at all.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 04-25-2017, 03:30 AM   #29
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm ecstatic! Been waiting for this series to go back to it's roots for a long time. I'll definitely be picking this up!

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-25-2017, 07:29 AM   #30
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Interested to see what kill streaks they add WaW only had 3, and we all know WWII will have probably 15-20. As long as there are no end-game nukes I'll be content. I actually think they could have done more with Vietnam than WWII.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 04-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #31
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Interested to see what kill streaks they add WaW only had 3, and we all know WWII will have probably 15-20. As long as there are no end-game nukes I'll be content. I actually think they could have done more with Vietnam than WWII.

I would guess they will have a end game atomic bomb.

Something like these.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #32
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Some more leaked info. Look's like there is some type of season pass & private beta will be first on PS4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C-RSWKQXUAAV1Ob.jpg (149.2 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg C-RSWKKXkAIpIy2.jpg (162.0 KB, 160 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »