Home

Anthem (PS4,X1,PC)

This is a discussion on Anthem (PS4,X1,PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #361
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Anthem (PS4,X1,PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
They cannabilized them enough with Titanfall 2. Other than EA Access, they don't know what the hell they're doing.
I assume you mean releasing the game between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare right? If so, I definitely agree but I will say that the single player campaign was freaking awesome. Titanfall 2 is a great game.

Hahaha. Yeah, I also agree in regards to EA not knowing what they're doing the vast majority of the time. It's a shame as they have had some excellent development studios, franchises and IP's.

With that all said, I hold out hope that Jedi Fallen Order is at least in the 8 range and is actually a great game. I figure that it can't be any worse than Battlefront 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #362
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
I assume you mean releasing the game between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare right? If so, I definitely agree but I will say that the single player campaign was freaking awesome. Titanfall 2 is a great game.

Hahaha. Yeah, I also agree in regards to EA not knowing what they're doing the vast majority of the time. It's a shame as they have had some excellent development studios, franchises and IP's.

With that all said, I hold out hope that Jedi Fallen Order is at least in the 8 range and is actually a great game. I figure that it can't be any worse than Battlefront 2.
Yes sir to my first two points, and like you, I hope they leave Respawn alone to create a fantastic experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #363
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I like things in the patch. The trophy bug got fixed. Can hit the Forge anywhere and you can jump right to another mission at the end of one. Don’t have have to around “collecting” contracts.

I don’t understand the reduction in stats for universal weapons and armour. Things feel the same but the scaling got reduced. Just kind of odd. I know they buffed some things.

But there are two big disappointments. I always found the game dropped loot at a good enough rate until you need Legendaries. The Legendary drops are still too rare and never got touched. So people that do play a lot end up bored and/or frustrated.

The big disappointment is the new Stronghold. It’s got a couple puzzle sequences and I’m simply not a fan of puzzle work. It’s the worst Stronghold in the game imo. I was hoping for something cool and even the end boss isn’t that good.

I guess I don’t have to worry about playing less when Days Gone comes out. Their Roadmap got delayed. New legendary missions and Cataclysm got delayed.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #364
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Needs some guys to ply with on the One. I’m very early in the game. GT mrcluthch1013 if you don’t mind playing with a noob.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 05-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #365
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
But there are two big disappointments. I always found the game dropped loot at a good enough rate until you need Legendaries. The Legendary drops are still too rare and never got touched. So people that do play a lot end up bored and/or frustrated.
This is pretty much why I gave up on the game. Traded it in a few weeks ago towards credit for MK 11 because I got bored with doing the same missions with no real rewards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 06:04 AM   #366
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I really don’t like the obsession the Anthem team has with puzzles. They added more in the Sunken stronghold and the Cataclysm is annoying that way too. I just want to enjoy the combat and the puzzles detract from that. What is so fun about forcing 4 strangers in the middle of combat to run around and unlock echoes in a pattern to complete a Cataclysm event? Learning the puzzle is annoying and after you have done it, it will just get repetitive.

I get puzzles for Uncharted and Indiana Jones games. They are part of the lore and also done in isolation. No combat at the time and not requiring teammates. The joy in Anthem is the variety of javelins you have and the different ways to destroy things. Why BioWare insists on adding puzzle solving elements annoys me. Maybe it’s time for me to finally quit.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #367
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The puzzles are put in for fillers because they literally have nothing else to put in. Take the puzzles out, you left with like a 4 hour game. Anyway this game been dead to me for months. The lead producer for this game quit and left Bioware last week. A senior producer on Dragon Age 4 quit too and also left Bioware yesterday. Needless to say, Bioware is basically dead. All the long term producers they had have quit since EA took over.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:48 PM   #368
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The puzzles are put in for fillers because they literally have nothing else to put in. Take the puzzles out, you left with like a 4 hour game. Anyway this game been dead to me for months. The lead producer for this game quit and left Bioware last week. A senior producer on Dragon Age 4 quit too and also left Bioware yesterday. Needless to say, Bioware is basically dead. All the long term producers they had have quit since EA took over.
And the hype for this game was off the charts. Just Wow!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »