Home

Monster Hunter World (PS4, XBOX1, Switch, PC)

This is a discussion on Monster Hunter World (PS4, XBOX1, Switch, PC) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 09:42 AM   #65
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Monster Hunter World (PS4, XBOX1, Switch, PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
This is my first Monster Hunter and I'm hooked. Going to be spending a lot of hours with this one.

All the weapons are fun to use, but my favorite has to be the Insect Glaive. The speed and mobility, and twirling through the air attacking looks so awesome. You can combo indefinitely on the ground without using any stamina and get on the back of monsters more easily than any other weapon.

Then the Kinsect mechanic is really interesting. You send a bug, that sits on your arm, out by aiming or attacking a part of a monster and it collects extract, you then call it back and get a buff for a period of time. You can have 3 buffs total. Specific parts of a monster will give you a certain color, and those increase your damage, speed, defense, healing, and even change attack animations and combo properties. Also, the Kinsect leaves behind a dust cloud on the targeted area, that when hit, creates an explosion.

Only complaints I have is some of the online stuff. Grouping with others is clunkier than it should be for a game that touts drop-in, drop-out multiplayer. Like, I don't understand the limitation of me and a friend not being able to play certain quests together because they have cutscenes we both haven't viewed yet.
I agree. This is my first Monseter Hunter as well. I wasn't crazy about the beta but so far I am enjoying the full game. I have only done 2 hunts and 1 expidition but so far it is fun. I am using the dual swords but I will try the different weapons. I felt that the combat in the beta was slower and a bit clunky but it could have been the pre-set build I was using. The dual swords are much faster and it is easier to move around using them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #66
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Never played a MH game, but think I'm going to get this for the Switch.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #67
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
This is my first Monster Hunter and I'm hooked. Going to be spending a lot of hours with this one.

All the weapons are fun to use, but my favorite has to be the Insect Glaive. The speed and mobility, and twirling through the air attacking looks so awesome. You can combo indefinitely on the ground without using any stamina and get on the back of monsters more easily than any other weapon.

Then the Kinsect mechanic is really interesting. You send a bug, that sits on your arm, out by aiming or attacking a part of a monster and it collects extract, you then call it back and get a buff for a period of time. You can have 3 buffs total. Specific parts of a monster will give you a certain color, and those increase your damage, speed, defense, healing, and even change attack animations and combo properties. Also, the Kinsect leaves behind a dust cloud on the targeted area, that when hit, creates an explosion.

Only complaints I have is some of the online stuff. Grouping with others is clunkier than it should be for a game that touts drop-in, drop-out multiplayer. Like, I don't understand the limitation of me and a friend not being able to play certain quests together because they have cutscenes we both haven't viewed yet.
That weapon is amazing.i may have to revisit that today. I am using the charge blade, which is incredibly powerful, but also quite complex. I warmed up with the Glave though , and that vaulting move is just the coolest thing ever.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #68
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Never played a MH game, but think I'm going to get this for the Switch.
There aren't any plans on releasing it for the Switch, contrary to the title of this thread.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #69
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Clutch1
There aren't any plans on releasing it for the Switch, contrary to the title of this thread.
That's a bummer. MH games were big on the 3DS, surprised that this game isn't making it to the Switch.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Talk about being overwhelmed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #71
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I can’t get comfortable with a weapon. I like the speed of the dual blades and the sword & shield, but they just don’t do enough damage. The big weapons are too slow and cumbersome. The insect glave makes me dizzy with all of the flipping and flopping. I’ve been mostly using the switch axe, but I’m still not totally sold on it yet, either. I just keep replaying the optional quests just to try and make a final decision on one and stick with it.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 08:33 PM   #72
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

You don't have to make a final decision on one. Some are better to use than others on different monsters.

I am using the switch axe now, but I also will level up my dual blades. I don't think committing to one weapon is something you need to worry about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »