Home

Jurassic World Evolution

This is a discussion on Jurassic World Evolution within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #73
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Pancakes
Yeah, I was on the fence originally, but glad I got it. It's really fun. And depending on how much you want to get out of it, it'll take a while to really "beat" the game. I've already put 7 1/2 hours into the game and I'm still sitting on the starting island, only just about to make the jump to the second island.

Then I still have three more islands to unlock and build up after that, plus the pure sandbox on Isla Nublar that will see me put a ton of hours into trying to recreate the original Jurassic Park best I can. I can see myself easily hitting the 30-50 hour range and maybe even longer.

I'm really looking forward to see where they go with any future DLC. I know there's stuff coming from the tie-in with the new movie. Beyond that, I'm not sure what their plans are, but hopefully we get some cool new stuff, some new buildings, new species. Hell, I want the original gate! I want to have that gigantic wooden gate that was in the original movie. That'd be awesome to drive through in a jeep for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This game has been a long time coming. For dinosaur lovers, and for the Jurrasic Park/World fanbase so I am sure we will be seeing plenty of future DLC.

I think you have talked me into it. 7 1/2 hours on island one, still three to go, and a pure sandbox island? 40+ dinosaurs. This is just too much to pass up for a fanboy of dinosaurs and the series haha.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #74
MVP

Picci's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
This game has been a long time coming. For dinosaur lovers, and for the Jurrasic Park/World fanbase so I am sure we will be seeing plenty of future DLC.

I think you have talked me into it. 7 1/2 hours on island one, still three to go, and a pure sandbox island? 40+ dinosaurs. This is just too much to pass up for a fanboy of dinosaurs and the series haha.

Ah na, na......four to go.

That Gate! Great Idea!

For you Smooth
Old 06-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #75
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci

That Gate! Great Idea!

For you Smooth
Even better! Haha. Yeah I am caving. Just watched a quick 20 minutes from one of my favorite Youtuber as well, and I can't watch any longer...i need to play!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #76
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Actually four to go. There are 5 islands that make up the main gameplay area, Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, Isla Tacano, Isla Pena and Isla Sorna and then the pure sandbox island of Isla Nublar, so 6 islands in total. And currently there are 42 species that can be discovered, plus more coming once they release the new content from the movie, plus stuff coming down the road in DLC.

There was concern about depth before release, but I'm not concerned at all. There is lots to do on each individual island that you'll rack up hours on each before moving onto the next. And the dangers start showing up as you move further into the list of islands.

Muerta has dangerous storms, so I'm imagining I'll be dealing with damaged buildings, power outages, and dinosaur rampages on the second island, plus trying keep my security, science and entertainment people happy so one of them don't go Nedry on me and sabotage something.

The first island, your only worries are the rare occasional power outage and dinosaurs breaking out of their enclosure because they're upset with their comfort and environment of their enclosure.

And even then, only the Triceratops and Dracorex have given me any problems by attacking the fence when their comfort drops into red, so it's not a widespread issue on the first island.

But yeah, as a fan of the series, and dinosaurs in general (who isn't fascinated by dinosaurs?), this game is worth every dollar for me.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #77
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Pancakes
Actually four to go. There are 5 islands that make up the main gameplay area, Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, Isla Tacano, Isla Pena and Isla Sorna and then the pure sandbox island of Isla Nublar, so 6 islands in total. And currently there are 42 species that can be discovered, plus more coming once they release the new content from the movie, plus stuff coming down the road in DLC.

There was concern about depth before release, but I'm not concerned at all. There is lots to do on each individual island that you'll rack up hours on each before moving onto the next. And the dangers start showing up as you move further into the list of islands.

Muerta has dangerous storms, so I'm imagining I'll be dealing with damaged buildings, power outages, and dinosaur rampages on the second island. The first island, your own worries are the rare occasional power outage and dinosaurs breaking out of their enclosure because they're upset with their comfort and environment of their enclosure.

And even then, only the Triceratops and Dracorex have given me any problems by attacking the fence when their comfort drops into red, so it's not a widespread issue on the first island.

But yeah, as a fan of the series, and dinosaurs in general (who isn't fascinated by dinosaurs?), this game is worth every dollar for me.

I really should have just known that! Haha. The 5 deaths.

After seeing gameplay and reading everything from you, yeah I am not concerned whatsoever about a lack of depth coming from this game!

Overall it seems like this game is the ideal dinosaur game that you also get to build parks. So basically just truly is a Jurrassic Park game, and I am so excited for it! I am definitely going to eventually have all of the dinosaurs break free and destroy everything, but I am sure I will be many, many hours deep when that happens! Haha.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #78
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci

That Gate! Great Idea!

For you Smooth
That's awesome! I'm going to have to look into getting that, even with that kind of price tag.

And yeah, thinking about it, I'm actually surprised they don't have that gate in the game. That should be like the first thing added, that gate is instantly recognizable to even the least fan of the series.

Maybe we'll see that show up in DLC or something, I hope!

Old 06-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #79
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Quote:
I really should have just known that! Haha. The 5 deaths.

After seeing gameplay and reading everything from you, yeah I am not concerned whatsoever about a lack of depth coming from this game!

Overall it seems like this game is the ideal dinosaur game that you also get to build parks. So basically just truly is a Jurrassic Park game, and I am so excited for it! I am definitely going to eventually have all of the dinosaurs break free and destroy everything, but I am sure I will be many, many hours deep when that happens! Haha.

Oh yeah, I'm absolutely letting my first T-Rex go on a murderous rampage once I incubate and release him. It just wouldn't be Jurassic Park/World without a giant T-Rex roaming the park eating people, lol.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #80
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

So I was thinking, Matanceros may not be a lost cause in terms of wasted space and not being able to build any more buildings or add many more dinosaurs than what I have now.

Once I get Isla Muerta up and running and get a good steady profit coming in from there, I may go back and shut down Matanceros. Let the dinosaurs age out and die naturally but not replace them like I currently do when one dies, then close the park to visitors and go through removing all buildings, fences and paths, terraform the land outside of any dinosaur enclosures so that I have nice flat level ground to build on instead of not being able to put buildings down because there's uneven terrain like I'm dealing with now, and completely rebuild the island from the ground up.

Maybe I'll be able to get more stuff built on Matanceros than what I have now and make that island more efficient than it currently is, maybe even be able to actually get my facilities rating up to 5 stars rather than the 3 to 3.5 star rating that it keeps fluctuating between.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »