Home

Jurassic World Evolution

This is a discussion on Jurassic World Evolution within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I'll probably wait for a sale to buy this. It looks interesting, but I'm worried about depth once you get ~20 hours in or so. It doesn't look like park building is all that engaging, among other things.

IGN gave it a 4.5 for this very reason.
Still, I’m interested in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #58
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
IGN gave it a 4.5 for this very reason.
Still, I’m interested in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not sure what to make of the IGN review. I read it and noted what he didn't like.

IGN was given the The First Look Exclusive with Frontier and here they are now giving them the lowest score yet so I'm not sure what to think.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #59
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

First thing, graphics are gorgeous. The island, looks gorgeous. Those with 4k and or HDR sets will be in heaven.

Didn't know but you get 5 islands. Well, you'll have to unlock them.

Camera zooms in and out easy. You can get down close and watch a dinosaur in its habitat or watch a TRex chomp at your patrons if chaos begins.

The game has deep management planning and contract missions to start. You'll begin earning points or dollars to build your park.

This is a slow and methodical game where you take your time, build, prepare, gather your intake for the day and hope to go home without any crazy things happening. Speaking of dinosaurs, created my first today and released her into the wild. Calling her Eve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35077312_2236365009714591_1553505858694938624_o.jpg (170.0 KB, 111 views)
Old 06-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #60
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

I put 2 1/2 hours in last night.

So far I have 6 Struthiomimus, 3 Triceratops and 3 Edmontosaurus in my main enclosure. I created an entirely second enclosure with a powered fence and am about to release my first carnivore, a Ceratosaurus.

Between the two enclosures, I have 6 viewing galleries for my visitors. I've also built a gift shop, a fast food place and a clothing shop to bring in extra money from visitors.

All told, I'm currently pulling in a profit of $120,368 each minute. I have $149,000 in income and $28,000 in expenses, with $27,600 of that coming from power usage costs by my three small power stations that I have to have to power everything.

I have a picture of all four dinosaur breeds currently active in my park, plus the last one, a favorite of mine, caught a picture right as my little meat eater was just chomping down on a live goat.

Jurassic World Evolution.jpg
Jurassic World Evolution_1.jpg
Jurassic World Evolution_3.jpg
Jurassic World Evolution_4.jpg
Jurassic World Evolution_5.jpg
Old 06-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #61
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Got another pic of my little meat eater playing with his food.

Jurassic World Evolution_6.jpg

I also added 2 new Triceratops and a couple more Struthiomimus to the previous listed amount and 2 new Ceratosaurus (for a total of 4 carnivores now). I've also since added a bunch of emergency shelters for my visitors to run to when the eventual carnivore breakout happens. I also added a hotel to allow more people to come to the island and a restaurant. I currently have over $6 million cash on hand and a profit of $257,499 a minute.

For those on the fence about this, here's 18 minutes of gameplay I just captured while taking those pictures earlier. I tried to do most of the stuff you can do in the game to give you guys a good look at what all is involved.

Last edited by Smooth Pancakes; 06-12-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #62
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Had my first incubation fail, followed immediately by DINO FIGHT! Had three fights break out among my four Ceratosauruses, resulting in two being killed. The video of said fights is below.

In the meantime, I just unlocked Isla Nublar, the original Jurassic Park island. It's a pure sandbox island (you can build the ultimate facility without having to worry about budgets), there are no contracts or missions (no need to pay attention to division reputation or tasks) and you keep your progress (use any and all of the dinosaurs, buildings and upgrades you have unlocked from all of the islands in Las Cinco Muertes).

I don't know if Isla Nublar was supposed to unlock yet or not, but simply building an Innovation Center in my initial island did the trick. Other than that, I have Isla Matanceros up to a 4 star rating and I earlier unlocked the second island, Isla Muerta, which is often ravaged by dangerous storms, making it a much more hazardous island.

Once I reach a point where I can't do anything more on Matanceros, I'll move on to Muerta. Get that up to 3 stars, and you unlock Isla Tacano, three stars there will unlock Isla Pena and three stars on Pena will unlock Isla Sorna.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #63
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Pancakes
In the meantime, I just unlocked Isla Nublar, the original Jurassic Park island. It's a pure sandbox island (you can build the ultimate facility without having to worry about budgets), there are no contracts or missions (no need to pay attention to division reputation or tasks) and you keep your progress (use any and all of the dinosaurs, buildings and upgrades you have unlocked from all of the islands in Las Cinco Muertes).

I don't know if Isla Nublar was supposed to unlock yet or not, but simply building an Innovation Center in my initial island did the trick. Other than that, I have Isla Matanceros up to a 4 star rating and I earlier unlocked the second island, Isla Muerta, which is often ravaged by dangerous storms, making it a much more hazardous island.
Hmmm....Isla Nublar being a full sandbox kind of thing is intriguing, so you can just enjoy park building to the max without the money/profit/research bits to worry over.

That's a help for me. Problem still being that Frontier's other game, Elite Dangerous, owns my life right now but I'll keep JP on the radar.

Wonder why IGN gave it such a low score...must not be their bag of chips.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 06-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #64
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Hmmm....Isla Nublar being a full sandbox kind of thing is intriguing, so you can just enjoy park building to the max without the money/profit/research bits to worry over.

That's a help for me. Problem still being that Frontier's other game, Elite Dangerous, owns my life right now but I'll keep JP on the radar.

Wonder why IGN gave it such a low score...must not be their bag of chips.
Yeah, I haven't jumped to Isla Nublar yet, since I want to unlock more dinosaurs and facilities, which means jumping to the next of the 5 main islands, but I'm having a blast with this game.

Looking at IGN's review, apparently the guy didn't like that you have to send an expedition team to dig sites to bring back fossils, which you then extract DNA from to build up a genome of various dinosaurs, eventually working your way up to a full 100% complete genome.

Apparently even managed to work the word loot boxes into his review by comparing the fossils screen to them. Sure, there may be a similarity on the base level, as your expedition teams come back with between 2 and 4 fossils, which can range from 1-4 quality or even fossils that contain no dino DNA that you can sell, but it's nothing like the loot boxes seen in COD or Battlefront.

I'm guessing he is the impatient type and didn't like having to actually build up dinosaur genomes through expeditions and fossil extraction. Then he complains about there being no flying or swimming dinosaurs. Yeah, because flying dinosaurs will really stay inside their fenced compound and not just fly out of it and kill your tourists. Sure, maybe flying dinos would be fun, but it's not possible with the way this game is set up without constant dino attacks on guests. Then he complains about not being able to speed up time so that he can gain money quicker to incubate an expensive dinosaur.

Then he complains because you have to figure out how to keep the different dinosaurs happy and how you have to deal with dinos breaking through the fence and rampaging through the park because they weren't comfortable in their enclosure. Well duh, you can't just dump every dinosaur into the same enclosure. They have all different needs and different things they like, either more forest than grassland, more grassland than forest, multiple of their own species together with them, etc. Dude complains about that, but then makes what sounds like a complaint about how it'll be no problem at all once all the details show up on wikis. Facepalm.

It sounds like he expected this to be more Sim City or Cities Skylines than anything else.

Then again, I pretty much ignore IGN and most other review sites because it seems half of them are idiots or they give the game review to someone who hates the genre the game is based in, so the review will immediately be biased against the game because they hate that genre of games.

Last edited by Smooth Pancakes; 06-12-2018 at 11:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »