Home

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

This is a discussion on Shadow of the Tomb Raider within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #129
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Conventional wisdom would suggest you'd move onto Shadow instead of rummaging through Rise again, but what do I know?
LOL, nice typo by me.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Finally got around to playing this and beating it. Game to me was literally like Rise of The Tomb Raider, only in the jungle with way more optional stuff to do. I found the controls to be wonky at times, where as you could hit the right commands but if the camera angle wasn't panned just right, you will fall to your death. The last mission I found annoying as hell, full of unnecessary stuff. It was like a recap of all the controls and moves you can do in the game that served no purpose. The final boss fight was annoying and dragged out. It was annoying simply because your character would trip and get caught on everything on that stage. Glad I got it on sale. I give it an 8 out of 10.
That's still quite a high rating, even with all of the complaints which you listed.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #131
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I have been on a epic run of fun video games for the past year. I knew it would come to a end eventually since I enjoyed the past 2 TR games I figured at worst this would be on the level of far cry 5 for me. I am very picky about the type of games I play, but since I do a lot of research on games I usually know what to expect when I play them and I rarely have any bad surprises.

I have played this for a few hours and I hate it and I always finish games I just don't think I can do it with this one. My friend let me borrow it so I don't have any $ invested in it.

The 2 things I hate worse then anything in games are being stuck (dying or not knowing what to do next) and puzzles. Typically the puzzles aren't a huge deal because I can go to the ign guide or youtube get step by step instructions and move on. I play on easy so that usually takes care of the dying part of things.

I swear I have done more puzzles then I have killed people this game. I also died more on the first chapter then I did of the 150 hours of RDR and Spiderman combined. Its silly things like floors that move or fish that attack you things playing on easy cant cover up. I am currently on the fish attacking you part and I don't think I can continue and enjoy it.

Is this game just not for me like the previous two ? Do things get better if I can try it out a little longer ? I am in the 3rd section which is the Kuwaq part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 3

Finished this one up, and I'm not sure what went wrong, but I did not like it nearly as much as the first two in trilogy even though all three were essentially the same game.

Not to get too deep here, but this game has no 'soul' or any type of 'feeling'. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. It's like when a great first game comes out and then the sequel is developed by a different studio. You can just sense something is off. It's missing the special sauce/ingredient.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »