Home

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

This is a discussion on Shadow of the Tomb Raider within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

After some leaks they have confirmed this game releases September 14, 2018 on all platforms. The exclusive deal with MS really hurt their last game. But I also felt the last game was hurt because the game wasn’t as good as the PS3 reboot.

I’d like to see their game go PG13 and drop the unnecessary F bombs. No reason this game shouldn’t be in the PG13 category like Uncharted or the movies. The map last time was boring for me as the vast majority of the game was played in the snow. Hopefully they add more diverse environments. I think the game struggled with trying to be open world vs story based. I like some RPG elements but I think it needs to be more story based like UC. A lot of the combat was in small areas last time too. Hopefully you won’t fight in confined spaces as much.

https://youtu.be/vuemrb_ur2w

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-article.../1100-6457424/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 01:57 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
After some leaks they have confirmed this game releases September 14, 2018 on all platforms. The exclusive deal with MS really hurt their last game. But I also felt the last game was hurt because the game wasn’t as good as the PS3 reboot.

I’d like to see their game go PG13 and drop the unnecessary F bombs. No reason this game shouldn’t be in the PG13 category like Uncharted or the movies. The map last time was boring for me as the vast majority of the game was played in the snow. Hopefully they add more diverse environments. I think the game struggled with trying to be open world vs story based. I like some RPG elements but I think it needs to be more story based like UC. A lot of the combat was in small areas last time too. Hopefully you won’t fight in confined spaces as much.

Played the Definitive Edition on the PS4 and really enjoyed it (even if it took me forever to finish the game). Haven't started Rise of the Tomb Raider yet, but looks like I'll need to get to that soon.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

I enjoyed the previous Tomb Raider more than ROTTR, but both were good enough games. I agree with this bolded statement 100%. ROTTR wasn't very memorable, and a lot of that was due to the boring and non-distinct environments.

Another thing that irritated me about ROTTR was that the final section was damn near a copy and paste of the game before it. Very lazy design.

I love Tomb Raider, though. Very excited to get a new one.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #4
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

Hyped but that was one of the weakest trailers I've seen in a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Shoot, means I have to start playing Rise now. Bought it two November's ago, have yet to start!

Got 100% completion on the first Tomb Raider. Loved it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 05:54 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Hyped but that was one of the weakest trailers I've seen in a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed but I will cut them some slack. I think they scrambled to get some info out there because of the leak. At least with the game releasing this year we will get some great info at E3. Early September will help them avoid the COD cluster in November but wouldn’t it be nice to have a AAA game release in the summer? The movie industry loves May-July blockbusters and the video game companies rarely release big games in that window.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #7
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I enjoyed the previous Tomb Raider more than ROTTR, but both were good enough games. I agree with this bolded statement 100%. ROTTR wasn't very memorable, and a lot of that was due to the boring and non-distinct environments.

Another thing that irritated me about ROTTR was that the final section was damn near a copy and paste of the game before it. Very lazy design.

I love Tomb Raider, though. Very excited to get a new one.
Agreed. I liked the first game in the reboot better than ROTTR. ROTTR seemed like more of the same from the first one for the most part. Not that that is a bad thing but just did not grab me as much.
All that said, I will pick up and play this one also.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 03-16-2018, 11:37 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 0

Looking forward to this game thought the last 2 games were pretty good even though I ended up playing them late like I think early 2016 or something. I would say I liked Rise a little more I think because of the snow even though you guys are saying the snow was to repetitive or something I loved the snow. Interesting that this looks to have pyramids in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »