Home

Conan Exiles

This is a discussion on Conan Exiles within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2018, 10:38 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Conan Exiles

Playing offline (not paying for PS+, just ain’t happening), man this game has incredible, staggering depth. It’s got a host of issues but in many ways it’s better than any game I’ve ever played.

About my only complaint is there should be roaming/traveling NPCs/animals. Feels kinda lame that you always have to find your own action, it never comes to you. Also the sound effects (chopping wood, etc.) don’t trigger kind of a lot. So that’s pretty annoying too.

But literally that’s, like, it.

It felt a bit janky/wonky for the first couple hours (and the AI could definitely use a ton of work) but after sinking my teeth in and figuring some stuff out, almost nothing about it bothers me. YMMV if you’ve already played a bunch of games in this genre but I’m friggin blown away. It’s everything I thought’d be and more.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #18
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Conan Exiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Playing offline (not paying for PS+, just ain’t happening), man this game has incredible, staggering depth. It’s got a host of issues but in many ways it’s better than any game I’ve ever played.

About my only complaint is there should be roaming/traveling NPCs/animals. Feels kinda lame that you always have to find your own action, it never comes to you. Also the sound effects (chopping wood, etc.) don’t trigger kind of a lot. So that’s pretty annoying too.

But literally that’s, like, it.

It felt a bit janky/wonky for the first couple hours (and the AI could definitely use a ton of work) but after sinking my teeth in and figuring some stuff out, almost nothing about it bothers me. YMMV if you’ve already played a bunch of games in this genre but I’m friggin blown away. It’s everything I thought’d be and more.
The Purge will add some excitement to your life

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #19
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Is that a DLC?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #20
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Is that a DLC?

Nope. The Purge was added in at launch. Basically after a given amount of time, I do not have an answer to how long or why, an army of up to 3 waves of different monsters and NPC's will attack your base(s). You can try to track down the Commander and end the Purge early but I have never been able to do so.

This applies to offline single play as well. So unlike other games in this genre, you have to build with defense in mind even offline.

Last edited by Bullit; 05-28-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #21
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Nope. The Purge was added in at launch. Basically after a given amount of time, I do not have an answer to how long or why, an army of up to 3 waves of different monsters and NPC's will attack your base(s). You can try to track down the Commander and end the Purge early but I have never been able to do so.

This applies to offline single play as well. So unlike other games in this genre, you have to build with defense in mind even offline.

Thanks! I do remember reading about this. I want to play this game but I have too many games to finish. Trying to get through them!

Developers are still updating this one all the time, right?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2018, 10:27 PM   #22
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Thanks! I do remember reading about this. I want to play this game but I have too many games to finish. Trying to get through them!

Developers are still updating this one all the time, right?
Yup. Patch should be out this week for PC. Soon for consoles. Rumors of DLC soon as well.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

Yeah I’ve heard about it, but not quite the same from what I gather. I’m talking about like how now (just started a new character) I’ve been building a small house in the jungle for a couple days; it’d be nice to get harassed by a roaming panther or something, or luck into a small herd of antelope finding its way into my neck of the woods. That kind of thing.

Maybe AI pathfinding/roaming is more complicated than I imagine else it’d already be there, I dunno. Not really a big deal just something I’d like to see.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:23 PM   #24
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

It's on sale. Digital $30. Tempted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »