Home

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed Odyssey within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2018, 02:16 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You're overreacting...

Seems like he is enjoying the good parts but (And I appreciate it) explaining what he feels is weak areas.
The game is different from the core Assassins Creed feel so I am happy he has pointed out these things.

You input, just because you are really enjoying it, means no more or less than his opinion...
which he has every right to post about.
He wrote six paragraphs and all six are completely negative. There's not a single positive in the entire post. ACO is different than past games. AC needed to evolve and become something different.

I'm not belittling his opinion or anything like that. Based on those six paragraphs, it comes across like ACO is nothing but negatives for him and that he's simply not enjoying the game at all.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #74
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Anyone who needs a eguide code just let me know. Got it with the CE Strategy Guide and its free to a good OS home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will take the code if you still have it.

Thanks.

Ezio
Old 10-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I will take the code if you still have it.

Thanks.

Ezio

I’ll send it over to you shortly sir. Enjoy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I spent 6 hours going from a rank 11 to a rank 14. The grind is real. Killed 3 bounty hunters during that time span. Spent my time hunting bounty hunters, wild animals, attacking forts, doing a lot of side quests, couple main story missions. There is no other way to put it, the main story line is bad. The side quests story lines are way better.

Discovered you can sleep with both men and women in this game. The weather changes too often in the is game for my liking. At times in a span of 20 seconds it will go from sunny to raining to sunny again. Some times the day and night cycle happens pretty quick too. Level design is kind of all over the place. At times you will play different missions in the same cave layout.

Combat is pretty basic and straight forward. Dodge, attack, dodge, shield grab, attack, dodge, sparta kick. Rinse and repeat. You can parry too if you like. There are stealth kills in the game. However they are so violent and long winded it is best to make sure nobody is nearby. It is always the same animation too. The long winded stealth kill at times have gotten me seen by other guards. You do have the choice to knock them out too though, which is quicker.

Once you get to level 12, you have more flexibility to what you can do and where you can go. When I hit that level I started doing contracts and hunting bounty hunters. Also was able to hunt better wild life which gave more pelts. I wish there was a faster way to get wood. Wood is a choir being you don't come across it a lot and when you do you get so few. That is one thing I miss about Origins, the ability to rob carts full of gold, wood and other materials where you could score 200 or more at a time.

Now for some pictures:

Love the pics!! Game is a thing of beauty.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #77
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
I’ll send it over to you shortly sir. Enjoy

Thank you Sir.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Thank you Sir.

Check your inbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #79
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm enjoying the game for the most part, but they need to fix some things.

I don't like the way the Mercenary system is setup because if you don't pay the bounty off or kill the person who issued it you'll end up in encounters where you'll be fighting 2 or 3 at the same time.

I was fighting the first female bounty hunter you encounter then another one came along as well as random enemies including animals that were close by.

That alone was super unfair because they only fight you and not each other even though they should want to claim the bounty.

I then decided to kill the person who placed the bounty so my wanted level would reset.

Leveling up seems a little too geared towards missions instead of the actual experience of fighting and exploring.

I lost count of how many higher level enemies I've killed only to be still level 9.

Only when i did a stupid side quest which i had already done before finding the quest giver did i jump to level 10.

I'm like all these level 10 and 11 I've killed and I'm still level 9?

The timed missions are silly, you just offer the person some money and that's it.

Well anyway i went right to Phokis and started exploring it and the surrounding area within my level instead of doing the next main game quest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 10-07-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:31 AM   #80
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not very far into it but I'm enjoying the story so far. I'm too scared to turn off guided mode. I'm worried about missing something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »