Home

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed Odyssey within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Damn it Flight. Drop the cash. Grab the book and post pictures of the game on your QLED. You slipping......I expected 4 pictures from you by now.

Lol. I’m off work due to non work related injury. I can’t be gaming and posting pics and shizz. Will be getting the guide though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #42
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Had a great time with AC Origins but with Red Dead 2 coming out in a few weeks, and still having to finish Spider-Man I don’t think I’ll have enough time to make it worth my investment. May jump on an Ubisoft deal on the PC later on down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Bit the bullet and caved and purchased the Gold Edition.

Just noticed there are 2 modes. Guided Mode and Exploration Mode which is being called a newer approach to play style. The user must investigate the world to uncover targets and quest objectives. This is the way ACO is meant to be experienced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 10-02-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:51 PM   #44
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Bit the bullet and caved and purchased the Gold Edition.

Just noticed there are 2 modes. Guided Mode and Exploration Mode which is being called a newer approach to play style. The user must investigate the world to uncover targets and quest objectives. This is the way ACO is meant to be experienced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The game gives you an audio cue when close to certain things. You just have to use the eagle to pinpoint it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-03-2018, 01:46 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 0

Picked up yesterday at 10am EST. Started playing at 12pm and stopped just after 11pm. Finished the opening region 100%.

ACO is simply excellent thus far and to see how much they added/changed/fine tuned in just an extra year is simply amazing. Plus the controls are finally fluid and responsive where as before, it felt slightly clunky. Even took me and hour or two to adapt to that. LOL. Visuals are superb. HDR looks great on my 4K HDR TV. Playing through the first region and maybe it's just me but I feel like im playing a special game which when it comes to AC, I haven't had this feeling since Black Flag.

I'm playing with Kassandra on hard with aim assist off. Love the HUD options. Compass, Enemy Detection Meter, Enemy Proximity (that white glare on the edge of the screen), Tips and Hints, Enemy Ranged Meter (when enemies are shooting arrows at you from a distance), Damage Numbers and Lock On are all turned off. The remaining 13 options are on. I died six times in the first region and holy hell, it was levels 3-5 but if you go past 5, the region scales with you automatically which means that you're on an even playing field and really have to think about what skills you want to acquire and upgrade.

If the 11 hour gaming session didn't make it obvious, ACO is easily a 9/10 for me personally. It's basically Black Flag and Origins combined but with a lot more depth and systems in the game.

I am playing on guided mode though but reading and watching videos of exploration mode, it doesn't seem like they made it that difficult to get to where you need to go but with that said, I like having the waypoints and icons on the map. Even in guided mode, some quests only highlight a radius on the map.

Tomorrow will be another long gaming session.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #46
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Did anyone else with the Gold steelbook edition get and extra season pass code? I redeemed 1 and i have the 2 extra missions and it says the season pass is installed via the in game store.

I went to see what the second code would give me and it says gold content which the first did too.

I guess i could sell it to someone with the standard edition or deluxe edition. The one on the right hasnt been redeemed, pm me if interested.

20181003_091016.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm playing on PS4 Pro and only got one code in the case. The Season Pass is $40 and includes both AC III and AC III Liberation Remastered that release early next year. You should try to sell the season pass if you can.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #48
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

So I gave in and got the Gold edition today. Great game so far, but something is really, really grinding my gears. The audio and the mouths aren't synced... in fact, they're nearly a full second off from each other. I've completely restarted the game three times but am still getting the lag. Anyone else experiencing this? It's certainly not a game breaker, but it makes the otherwise beautiful cutscenes somewhat obnoxious. One of those things, once you notice it, you can't unnotice it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »